IIT Bombay Announces Joint Ph.D.
Published by : Step in college
IIT Bombay announcement 2021: IIT Bombay-Monash Research Academy Announces June 2021 Joint Ph.D. Admission with Fellowships. Joint Ph.D. Program admission for June 2021 has been announced by IIT Bombay-Monash Research Academy (The Academy), an Australian-Indian research partnership between IIT Bombay and Australia's Monash University. IIT Bombay and Monash University will offer students a dual-badged Ph.D. degree. Research Areas: The Academy offers Ph.D. programs in the fields of science, technology, computer science, IT, engineering, humanities, architecture, and mathematics for interdisciplinary research.
IIT Bombay Announces Joint Ph.D.
- Engineering/ Material Science (including Nano, Metallurgy)
- Power, Green Chemistry, Chemistry, Catalysis, Engineering Reaction,
- Math, CFD, Production, Modeling
- Data, Sensors, Systems, CSE, IT, Optimisation, Signal Processing, Control
- Civil Engineering and Earth Sciences (Geo, Water, Climate)
- Bio, Stem Cells, Pharmaceuticals, Bio Chem, Diet
- Semiconductors, Optics, Photonics, Networks, Telecommunications, and Power Engineering
- Plan, HSS, Administration
Main Dates: Applications are now available for the June 2021 intake. The last date for EOI forms to be submitted is 7 March 2021.
Eligibility Conditions: Outstanding students whose expected field of study is compatible with the IITB-Monash Research Academy's research priorities are invited to apply for a joint Ph.D. program:
The minimum entry requirements for admission to a Ph.D. are:
- In a number of disciplines, first-class or equivalent Master's degree
- Bachelor's degree in first class and a valid GATE score
- Satisfying Monash University's academic qualification criteria and English language proficiency.
Key Dates: The applications for the June 2021 intake are now open. The last date for sending EOI forms is 7 March 2021.
Eligibility Conditions: Outstanding students whose intended field of study is aligned with the research goals of the IITB-Monash Research Academy are invited to apply for a joint Ph.D. Program:
If they have a minimum of two years of professional experience, applicants without a valid GATE score or research fellowship will be eligible for entry. Competition for places is strong and all candidates are protected by a competitive selection procedure.
Fellowships: The following funding arrangements would support students in the joint IITB-Monash Ph.D. program:
- For the first two years of the Rs 372,000 per annum scholarship
- After the first two years, Rs 420,000 per annum
- A grant in Australia of up to A$25,850 per annum
Working with your co-supervisor at Monash University for a minimum of one year in Australia (some projects may enable you to be in Australia for a longer period of time or to make more than one trip), waiver of foreign student tuition fees at Monash University.
About the Institute: The IITB-Monash Research Academy, founded in 2008, is a major Australian-Indian research partnership between the top-ranking Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB) and Monash University in India. With close to 200 Ph.D. students, 400 researchers, and 400 research projects to date, the Institute operates on a scale unrivaled by any other Australian-Indian partnership. Candidates should refer to the official IIT Bombay-Monash Research Academy website for specific eligibility requirements, how to apply, and other information.