Master of Arts in Political Science Details: Top Colleges, Entrance Exam, Eligibility
Published by : stepincollege
Master of Arts in Political Science Details, Eligibility, Entrance Exam, Top Colleges, Syllabus, Job Prospects | StepInColleges
Master of Arts in Political Science is a postgraduate 2 years course. The course covers a wide and in-depth analysis of Political Science as a discipline at the graduate level. It includes the examination of political theory and practice, as well as the explanation and study of political structures and behavior. It also includes subjects such as national and international political structures, historical and current political systems, public policy, governmental policies and procedures, international relations, and public affairs. Principles of Political Science, Indian Political System, Major Governments of the World, International Relations, and other topics are studied in this area. Candidates will have a wide variety of career opportunities after completing the course.
M.A. in Political Science Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor's degree in any area, with a preference for the arts and humanities.
- Minimum graduation requirements vary from 45 percent to 55 percent, depending on the institution.
- Non-humanities courses have a higher minimum pass rate.
M.A. in Political Science Entrance Exams
- BHU PET (Banaras Hindu University)
- JNUEE (Jawaharlal Nehru University)
- IPU CET (Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University)
- OUCET (Osmania University)
- DUCET (Dravidian University)
M.A. in Political Science Top Colleges
- Hindu College, Delhi
- Presidency College, Chennai
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women, Delhi
- St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata
- Gargi College, Delhi
- Ramjas College, Delhi
- Chandigarh University, Chandigarh
- Presidency University, Kolkata
- Lady Brabourne College, Kolkata
- Osmania University, Hyderabad
M.A. in Political Science Syllabus
Semester - I: Ancient Indian Political Thought, Research Methodology, Contemporary Political Thought, Western Political Thought (Plato to Hegel), Practicals.
Semester - II: Indian Constitutional System, Comparative Politics, Political Thinking since Marx, Political Sociology, Practicals.
Semester - III: Modern Indian Political Thought, Politics in India, International Politics, Public Administration, Practicals.
Semester - IV: Indian Administration, State Politics with Special Reference to U.P, Post-Cold War International Relations, Concept and Issue in Political Science.
M.A. in Political Science Job Prospects
Students with a postgraduate degree in Political Science can select from one of the following career profiles, which are widely available:
- Government Agencies
- Public Relations Departments
- Colleges and Universities
- Diplomatic Offices
- Public Policy Organisations
- Intelligence Wings
- Social Work Organisations
- Budget Analyst
- Campaign Organiser
- Budget Examiner
- Public Opinion Analyst
- Corporate Social Policy Issues Analyst
- Legislative Analyst
- Corporate Public Affairs Advisor
- Legislative Coordinator
- Political scientist
- Corporation Legislative Issues Manager