Master of Science Mathematics at VGU Jaipur, Exclusive Labs, Eligibility and Fee Details
Published by : stepincollege
Master of Science Mathematics at VGU, Jaipur
M.Sc. (Master of Science) (Master of Science) Mathematics is a postgraduate course in Mathematics. The course lasts two years and is divided into four semesters. The course's main goal is to provide students with in-depth knowledge of advanced applied mathematics and to train them for various research activities.
Mathematics is a wide field that extends to a variety of disciplines. It is an abstract analysis of number, quantity, and space. M.Sc. in Mathematics is a highly advanced degree programme that builds acute and logical thinking skills by providing profound insight into fundamental mathematical concepts and principles.
Vivekananda Global University, ranked among India's Best and Top Master of Science – Mathematics Colleges, provides students with an interesting and intelligent atmosphere and a course curriculum that includes technical learning, project work, expert lectures, and more. Although theory allows you to grasp the subject's complexities, the well-equipped laboratories offer a more realistic view and real-time visibility.
Scope in Master of Science Mathematics
A career in mathematics after earning an M.Sc. is extremely rewarding. Graduates with a master's degree in mathematics will work in a variety of settings, including research and development, economic research, market research, and manufacturing. In these companies, they will look for work profiles such as Quantitative Risk Analyst, Statistician, Treasury Management Specialist, and Demographer. Those interested in working in the public sector will find numerous opportunities in government organisations such as the Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) and the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) (ISRO). Several reputable tech companies give these graduates job opportunities in operations analysis, software design, and programming. Candidates who have earned a postgraduate degree in mathematics will also find lucrative opportunities with banks and insurance companies.
Department at a Glance
- Experiential and project-based learning
- The programme was developed with input from industry leaders.
- Practical grooming experience that leads to a career in the grooming industry
- Patronage from the industry on a never-before-seen scale
- Best-in-class placements
- Physics Laboratory
- Chemistry Laboratory
- Research Laboratory
Eligibility And Fee Details
Eligibility – In 10+2 or Intermediate, pass with 60 percent aggregated points (with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Maths )
If an applicant has not graduated English as a subject, the English requirement may be relaxed if the applicant has studied in an English-medium environment throughout his qualifying examination.
Duration for Course Master of Science Mathematics
Fees Details for Master of Science Mathematics
40000 -/ INR
Scholarships for Master of Science Mathematics
Scholarship amount (per semester)
75% or above aggregate marks in 12th
25% of Programme Fee
60% or above aggregate marks in 12th
10% of Programme Fee
Fee After Scholarship
Applicable Fee after Scholarship
75% or above aggregate marks in 12th
(i.e. 25% of Programme Fee)
60% aggregate marks in 12th
(i.e. 10% of Programme Fee)
Pathway After M.Sc. Mathematics
You can work as a Statistician, Research Analyst, Business Analyst, Economic Analyst, Operations Analyst, Data Analyst, Financial Analyst, Numerical Analyst, Mathematician, Researcher, Computer System Analyst, or Statistical Quality Control with an MSc in Mathematics.
Students may also apply for DRDO and NAL jobs. Aside from that, various defence departments, especially the naval academy, hire mathematicians for various positions. PSUs and banking institutions are now on the lookout for such graduates. In addition, I serve as a Professor. MSc Mathematics provides students with a variety of career options. Following the completion of the course, you can pursue further education. You may also apply for work in a variety of fields.
- Aerospace companies
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Market research firms
- Research and Development Firms
- Economic Research Firms
- Engineering Firms
- Social Research Institutes
- Just dial
- Chegg India Pvt. ltd
About Faculty of Basic & Applied Sciences
The Faculty of Basic and Applied Sciences offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programmes. The majority of the faculty members have earned a PhD and are well-known for their scholarly contributions in national and international scientific journals. Each department has a distinct and distinguished place in academia and has quickly established a reputation among top universities.
Why Basic & Applied Sciences?
Basic and Applied Sciences is a difficult path. After completing this course, the average starting salary is very high. Students can earn between IRN 2,00,000 and IRN 12,00,000 per year. Students who complete this course will work as teachers in a variety of coaching centres.
Applied Science as Career
The Bachelor of Science in Applied Sciences is a three-year full-time programme. The following are the specifics of this course:
- The focus of the B.Sc Applied Sciences course is on the relevance of science in modern society for the advancement of specific industries.
- This course places a greater focus on putting all of the scientific procedures and laws into practice.
- Students who complete a B.Sc. in Applied Sciences will work in a variety of pharmaceutical and commercial industries.
- This course assists students in gaining a sound foundation in science for practical applications.
- Students with a B.Sc. in Applied Sciences degree are well-prepared for management positions in businesses.
Collaboration with Professional Scientific Associations
- International Center of Theoretical Physics (ICTP)
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- International Society for Infectious Diseases (ISID).
- European Society of Toxicology in vitro (ESTIV).
- Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA).
- Soft Materials Research Society (SMRS).
- Material Research Society of India (MRSI).
- Indian Association of Physics Teachers (IAPT)
- International Society for Life Sciences (ISLS).
- Indian Society for the Study of Reproduction & Fertility (ISSRF)
- Indo Global Health Care Research Foundation (IGHCRF)
- Classrooms that are smart
- Science and Technology Innovation Center
- Material testing facility
- Physics, forensic science, chemistry, zoology, and botany are all covered in this lab.
- ANIMAL Experimentation Software for MATLAB
- Wi-Fi and other teaching aids are needed to promote successful pedagogy.
HIGHLIGHTS (Achievements, Awards, Special Events or Activities)
- 80 percent placement- one student is an IAS, a bank PO, a lecturer in a government college, and has passed the NET and GATE exams.
- Faculty with the highest h-index and citations at VGU
- The most prestigious SCI journals
- Several grants were obtained from various funding organisations.
- 2019 International Conference on Environmental and Sustainable Development Trends
- INSPIRE Science Camps will be held in March and November of 2019.
- 2019 Crime Scene Investigation Workshop
- Insect Detection and Preservation Techniques Workshop 2019
- In 2019, the National Conference on Nanomaterials in Biology will be held.
- 2020 Science E-Talk Series