Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)
XLRI, Jamshedpur conducts Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT). It is a national-level management test. It provides admission to students to various MBA/PGDM programs. The Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is a national level examination held by the Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI) in Jamshedpur for management students from across the country. On behalf of the Xavier Association of Management Institutes, XLRI Jamshedpur conducts the XAT (XAMI). The XAT score is used by over 150 institutes to determine admission to their management programmes. Candidates who take the exam would need to do well to get into good management schools for their preferred courses. Candidates must be aware of the list of participating colleges to plan appropriately.
On Sunday, January 3, 2021, the XAT will be held. On behalf of XAMI, XLRI performs XAT. XLRI has been conducting XAT at the national level for over 70 years to find the most eligible students for management education. More than 160 institutes use the XAT score to determine entry. The XAT 2021 will be held in the following cities across India. Agra, Ahmedabad, Aurangabad City (Maharashtra), Allahabad, Ambala, Amravati, Amritsar, Bengaluru, Berhampur, Bhatinda, Bhilai Nagar, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Bokaro Steel City, Chandigarh/Mohali, Chennai, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi-NCR, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Durgapur/Asansol, Ernakulam, Gandhinagar, Goa, Gorakhpur, Guwahati, Gwalior, Hooghly, Hubballi(Hubli), Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Kannur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Kota, Kottayam, Kurnool, Kurukshetra, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Mysuru(Mysore), Nagpur, Nashik, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Rajahmundry, Ranchi, Roorkee, Rourkela, Sambalpur.
Entrance Exam Highlights
||Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)
||National Level Exam
||Once a year
|Mode of Registration
|Number of Seats
|No. of Participating Colleges
Important Dates for XAT 2021
||XAT 2021 Dates
|Admit card download begins
|XAT Exam 2021
||January 3, 2021 (tentative)
||18th January 2021
Eligibility Criteria for XAT 2021
MBA courses through XAT 2022 have no clear age requirements because MBA can be completed at any age. Candidates must hold a bachelor's degree from a recognised university in every discipline. Until submitting an application for XAT 2022, candidates should review the XAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria. In their final year, candidates can also take this exam whether they have a providential certificate or a previous year's mark sheet.
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum duration of three years or equivalent.
- Candidates who are pursuing in the final year of Bachelor's Degree or result awaited are also eligible to apply.
The application process for XAT 2021
- Step 1 - Open XAT's official website
- Step 2- Register for XAT
- Step 3 - Fill the registration form
- Step 4 - Upload the necessary documents
- Step 5 - Pay fees for the application form
|ST, OBC, SC, General
||Female, Transgender, Male
- Step 6 - Print the XAT Application Form
XAT 2021 Syllabus
Before beginning XAT 2022 training, it is essential to learn the XAT 2022 syllabus. In order to cover the XAT 2022 syllabus, applicants would need to devise a plan.
- Verbal and logical ability
- Decision making
- Quantitative ability and data interpretation
- General knowledge
XAT Exam Pattern
The exam's conducting body, XLRI Jamshedpur, has recommended the Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) 2022 exam pattern. Those preparing to take the exam should be aware of the exam layout, marking scheme, time period, and other information relevant to the XAT 2022 exam pattern. Knowing these facts ahead of time will assist you in being more coordinated in your planning. Last year, XLRI made several changes to the XAT exam pattern. XAT saw the introduction of Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions, in addition to the elimination of the essay writing test. The expected revised exam pattern for XAT 2022 is clearly described in the table below.
|Sections in Exam
||Number of questions
||Overall Time Duration
||75 Total MCQs
|Verbal and Logical Ability
||No Sectional Time Limit
||No Sectional Time Limit
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
||No Sectional Time Limit
||25 Total MCQs
|Total questions (Part 1 + Part 2)
XAT 2021 Exam Centers
|Jammu and Kashmir
How to Get the XAT Admit Card
Candidates will download the XAT Admit Card by following the steps outlined below.
- Step 1: Go to XLRI Jamshedpur's official website and click on 'Login' to get the 'XAT Admit Card '.
- Step 2 - A new page will appear, prompting you to enter your login details (XAT User ID and Password).
- Step 3: Choose the 'Login' tab.
- Step 4 - After that, you can download your XAT admit card.
- Step 5 - Print the XAT Admit Card after downloading it for future use.
Steps to Get XAT 2022 Answer Key
Candidates must follow the steps outlined below in order to verify the correct responses mentioned in the XAT 2022 official answer key:
- Step 1: To see the XAT 2022 response key, go to xatonline.net.in, which is the official XAT website.
- Step 2: Enter your XAT User ID and Password to log in.
- Step 3: On your phone, a connection titled "XAT 2022 Answer Key" will appear. Go to the link and click it.
- Step 4: After clicking the link, the XAT 2022 response key will appear on the screen in PDF format.
- Step 5: Print a copy of the XAT 2022 response key for future reference.
Steps to download the XAT Result
The XAT findings will be available in an online format on the official website. Candidates must use the direct connection provided on this page to check their XAT performance. Candidates will be able to download their XAT 2022 scorecard from the same page where they can review their XAT results. The procedure for downloading XAT results is outlined below.
- Look for the link to check XAT results @ xatonline.in or click on the direct link to check XAT results listed above.
- Enter your XAT ID and password to access the portal.
- Select the XAT Scorecard tab from the drop-down menu.
- You will be able to download your XAT Scorecard, which will include your section-by-section score and percentile.
- Take a printout of the XAT scorecard for future reference.
Exam Analysis for the XAT
The XAT will be held in a single change from 9:30 pm to 12:30 pm in the first week of January 2022. Based on the previous year's patterns, XAT 2022 is predicted to be a Moderate to Difficult test. The question paper was said to be one of the most complicated in the history of the XAT last year. Students should expect to have to step up their training this year in order to get a good XAT ranking.
Highlights from the XAT 2021 Exam
For XAT 2021, candidates must remember the following relevant information.
- Essay Writing Question Removed: This year's XAT does not have a descriptive-type essay writing question. Previously, the exam required candidates to answer one essay-style question.
- Negative Marking for Unanswered Questions: In the test, candidates are only permitted to leave 8 questions unanswered. If you leave more than 8 questions unanswered, you'll get a -0.10 mark per query.
- NAT (Numerical Answer Type) Questions: The XAT 2021 question paper will also include NAT (Numerical Answer Type) questions.
- The General Knowledge questions have no negative marking, and the marks earned in that segment are not factored into the percentile calculation.
- The difficulty level of the XAT 2021 has been stated to be higher than last year.
- This year's exam included three DI sets. There were two DI sets on the previous year's tests.
Following the announcement of XAT Results, the Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI) Jamshedpur will declare the XAT Cut Off. It is scheduled to be released in February 2022, with the XAT-based admission process starting shortly after. Candidates may use this link to see the minimum XAT score available for admission to XLRI's MBA admissions class of 2021. For male candidates taking the Business Management course at XLRI in 2021, the cutoff was 94 percentile. The cutoff for female candidates was 92 percentile. The cutoff for the Human Resource Management course was 93 percentile for male engineering candidates and 90 percentile for female engineering candidates.
Steps to Check the XAT 2022 Cutoff
- Go to XAT's official website.
- Go to the official website's 'Home' tab.
- To access the ‘Cut-Off Marks,' click the connection in the runners.
- You will be redirected to a new page where you can enter your login details.
- Sign in to the official website using your credentials.
- After logging in successfully, a new page with the cut-off marks will appear.
- Check it out, save it, and print it out for future reference.
Documents Required at Counselling
- Admit card
- Photo identity card
- Class 10th, Class 12th, Graduation or equivalent Marksheets required