B.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT): Course details, Eligibility, Syllabus, Top Colleges
Published by : Step in college
BSc in Medical Laboratory Technology is a paramedical curriculum that, with the assistance of clinical laboratory tests, provides practical and theoretical information about the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of different types of diseases and health problems. Professionals from the Medical Laboratory play an important role in diagnosing the disease and providing the best diagnosis and treatment available for it.
B.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) Course details, Eligibility, Syllabus, Entrance Exam, Top Colleges, Job Prospects | StepInCollege
Throughout the curriculum, students learn how to recognize and diagnose diseases as well as the various treatments available. They also learn about the collection and sampling of important data, as well as research, documentation, and reporting. Students should have good research skills and the ability to finish the assignment precisely in order to succeed in the program. Students should also have a background in research, laboratory equipment, and instruments, as well as the ability to efficiently use a computer and its applications.
B.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) Eligibility Criteria
- 10+2 or equivalent examination with science as a mandatory stream is required as a minimum qualification.
- Minimum Marks Requirement: 50%. This percentage may vary from one college to the next.
B.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) Entrance Exams
- JEE Mains
- JEE Advanced
B.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) Top Colleges
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal, Karnataka
- Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi, Delhi NCR
- Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University, Bhubaneswar, Orissa
- King’s George Medical University, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- SRM Institute of Technology, Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu
- Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamil Nadu
- Chandigarh University, Chandigarh
- Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore, Karnataka
- Government Medical College, Kozhikode, Kerala
- Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh
B.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) Syllabus
First Year: Human Anatomy, Biochemistry 1, Microbiology 1, Physiology 1, Subsidiary Subjects, Pathology 1.
Second Year: Biochemistry 2, Microbiology 2, Environmental Science & Health, Sociology, Pathology 2, Physiology 2.
Third Year: Ethic & Database Management, Research, and Biostatistics, Biochemistry 3, Computer Applications, Pathology 3, Microbiology 3.
B.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) Job Prospects: Graduates with a BSc in Medical Technology Laboratory have a number of career openings in both the public and private sectors. Medical technologists are in high demand because they are a critical component of the field of medicine and science.
Most students are hired as qualified laboratory medical technicians at the beginning of their careers. They are employed as if they have sufficient technical and educational experience.
- Laboratory Manager
- Healthcare Administrator
- Hospital Outreach Coordinator
- Medical Officer
- Research Associate
- Resident Medical Officer
- Laboratory Information System Analyst
- Laboratory Testing Manager
The following are the top employers for BSc graduates in Medical Technology:
- Fortis Hospital
- Apollo Hospital
- Holy Family Hospital
- Max Healthcare
- HLL Life Care Limited
- Medanta Hospital