Master Of Technology in Mechanical Engineering: Course Details, Eligibility Criteria, Top Institutes
Published by : stepincollege
Master of Technology in Mechanical Engineering is a postgraduate 2 years degree course. It is concerned with the study of mechanics, statics, kinematics, thermodynamics, materials science, and structural analysis as applied to the design, development, construction, production, installation, operation, and maintenance of tools, machines, and other mechanical machinery, such as automobiles, trucks, planes, trains, space vehicles, lathes, milling machines, grinders, large steam and gas turbines, and so on.
Master Of Technology in Mechanical Engineering Course Details, Eligibility Criteria, Entrance Exam, Top Institutes, Syllabus, Job Prospects | StepInCollege
It encompasses all major fields of architecture, thermal and industrial engineering and is general in nature. M.Tech brings a person into the whirlpool of science and mathematics of Mechanical Engineering. The course will help students gain a better understanding of solids, materials, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, machine design, and many other machines and material concepts.
M.Tech Mechanical Engineering Eligibility Criteria
- B.E./B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent examination.
- GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) Score Merit List is used to determine entry.
M.Tech Mechanical Engineering Entrance Exam
M.Tech Mechanical Engineering Top Institutes
- Annasaheb Dange College of Engineering and Technology (ADCET)
- Bharat Ratna Indira Gandhi College of Engineering
- Birla Institute of Technology (BIT Ranchi)
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS Pilani)
- Coimbatore Institute of Technology
- Dr. DY Patil Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Jadavpur University
- KJ Somaiya College of Engineering
- Lokmanya Tilak College of Engineering
- Pillai Institute of Information Technology, Engineering, Media Studies, and Research
- Shri Ram Institute of Management and Technology (SRIMT)
- Solapur University
M.Tech Mechanical Engineering Syllabus
Semester 1: Numerical Analysis and optimization, Instruments and maiden, Experimental Stress Analysis, Metal Forming Analysis, Mechatronics and product design, Experimental stress Analysis lab, Mechanical measurement lab. Computational Lab.
Semester 2: Theory of Elasticity, Design of Mechanics, Principles Of Machine Design, General Elective 1, General Elective 2, Seminar, CAD/CAM Lab Design Practical lab.
Semester 3: Mechanical Behavior of Materials, Mechanics Vibration, General Elective 3, General practical Lab 4, Material behavior and vibration lab, Minor Project.
Semester 4: Dissertation, Elect. Design of bearing and shift, Computer-Aided Design, Design of Pollution Control, Tribulus, Computer-Aided vehicle design.
M.Tech Mechanical Engineering Job Prospects
In the business and industry, there is a tremendous need for mechanical engineers as they are versatile and flexible enough to work in diverse job profiles, such as project manager, transportation and automotive engineer, transport analyst, navigation officer, assistant professor in colleges.
- Aeronautical Industry
- Consulting Firms
- Agricultural Industry
- Construction Firms
- Automobile Industry
- Chemical Industry
- Electronics Industry
- Power Plants
- Industrial Machinery industry
- Oil Exploration and Refining
- Petroleum Industry
- Steel Plants
- Textile Industries
- Mechanical Engineering Technician
- Associate Prof./Asst. Prof./Professor
- Mechanical Production Engineer
- Project Manager
- Mechanical Engineer
- Technical Writer (Machines)
- Manufacturing Manager
- Mechanical Engineer
- Tata Motors
- Metro Rail Corp.
- Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd.