Master of Technology in Biotechnology: Course Details, Top Colleges, Job Prospects
Published by : stepincollege
Master Of Technology in Biotechnology Course Details, Eligibility, Entrance Exam, Syllabus, Top Colleges, Job Prospects | StepInCollege
MTech in Biotechnology is a postgraduate 2 years degree course. The course revolves around the study of living organisms and bioprocesses that are involved in medicine, architecture, and creativity. The course covers how to apply biotechnological skills in the fields of microbial, creature, and plant science, as well as health, farming, and the environment. The course gives students the knowledge they need to apply biotechnological skills in their daily lives. Advanced Biological Chemistry, Cellular Genetics, Marine Biotechnology, Molecular and Cell Biology Exercises, Biotechnology of Vaccines, Machine, and Structural Biology, and other topics are covered in this course. The understudies are given various abilities as a result of the course. Specialized skills, critical thinking skills, expository skills, dynamic skills, and so on are examples of such abilities.
M.Tech in Biotechnology Eligibility Criteria
- A bachelor's degree in biotechnology, medicine, biosciences, or a related field from a recognized college or university.
- A passing grade in the qualifying exams with at least 50% of the total marks.
- An applicant should have a clear ranking in any affected entrance exam.
M.Tech in Biotechnology Entrance Exams
- PU CET
M.Tech in Biotechnology Top Colleges
- Indian Institute of Technology, [IIT] Delhi
- Delhi Technological University, [DTU], New Delhi
- National Institute of Technology, [NIT] Warangal
- Amity School of Engineering and Technology, [ASET] Noida
- Indian Institute of Technology, [IIT] Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, [IIT] Roorkee
- RV College of Engineering, [RVCE] Bangalore
- MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology, [MSRIT] Bangalore
- Sathyabama University, [SU] Chennai
- Indian Institute of Technology, [IIT] Guwahati
M.Tech in Biotechnology Syllabus
Semester 1: Molecular Biology, Environmental Biotechnology, Exercises in Molecular and Cell Biology, Advanced Biological Chemistry, Exercises in Environmental Biotechnology, Cell Biology, Exercises in Advanced Biological Chemistry.
Semester 2: Genetic Engineering, Plant Biotechnology, Exercises in Immunology, Exercises in Genetic Engineering, Exercises in Bacteriology and Virology, Exercises in Plant Biotechnology, Principles of Bacteriology and Virology.
Semester 3: Animal Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Exercises in Animal Biotechnology, Exercises in Bioprocess Engineering, Database Management and IPR in Biotechnology, Bioprocess engineering & Fermentation Technology, Exercises in Bioinformatics.
Semester 4: Genomics and Proteomics, Stem Cell Technology and Regenerative Medicines, Agricultural Biotechnology, Biochemical and biophysical techniques, Bio-entrepreneurship, Nanobiotechnology, Scientific Research, and Communications.
M.Tech in Biotechnology Job Prospects
The MTech Biotechnology program prepares students for a variety of positions and job opportunities. Ranbaxy Laboratories, Dabur India Ltd., Central Warehousing Corp., Infosys, Cipla, Abbott India, Lupin, Sun Pharma, and other companies employ MTech Biotechnology postgraduates. Lab specialists, Clinical Researchers, Microbiologists, Pharmacists, Embryologists, and other postgraduates of this course make significant business decisions.
- Biotechnology Researcher
- Quality Controller
- Associate Engineer
- Research Biochemist
- Regional Manager