Master of Science in Chemistry: Course Details, Eligibility, Entrance Exam, Top College
Published by : stepincollege
Master Of Science in Chemistry Course Details, Eligibility, Entrance Exam, Syllabus, Top College, Job Prospects | StepInCollege
M.Sc. in Chemistry is a postgraduate 2 years course. Science is the analysis of problems and the processes that lead to them. Material science is often concerned with the study of problems, but while material science employs a more broad and general approach, science is more explicit. Synthetic science provides an understanding of the physical and chemical properties of iotas particles, as well as a practical approach to creating compound structures. Knowledge is used to address specific problems in a variety of areas, such as pharmaceuticals, biochemicals, and petrochemicals. The Master of Science in Chemistry is also available on a low-maintenance basis. The MSc Chemistry Syllabus is divided into four semesters, and the concept of course career planning opens a wide range of career opportunities for students who complete it using modern procedures and exams. MSc Chemistry job vacancies include Project Assistant positions in the field of examinations, as well as positions in the pharmaceutical industry or any synthetic-based industry such as Amway, Hindustan Unilever, and others.
M.Sc in Chemistry Eligibility Criteria
- 10+2 with a minimum aggregate score of 60%.
- BSc Chemistry Hons. Or BSc with Chemistry as one of the major subjects with a 50 percent minimum composite score (45 percent for SC/ST applicants).
M.Sc in Chemistry Entrance Exam
- DUET (University of Delhi)
- JNUEE (Jawaharlal Nehru University)
- IPU CET (Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University)
- OUCET (Osmania University)
- BHU PET (Banaras Hindu University)
M.Sc in Chemistry Syllabus
Semester 1: Inorganic Chains, Rings, and Clusters, Group theory and Quantum Chemistry, Stereochemistry and Reaction Mechanism, Analytical Chemistry, Inorganic Semimicro, Physical Chemistry Experiments Lab.
Semester 2: Synthetic Strategies and Pericyclic Reactions, Thermodynamics and Equilibria, Spectroscopic Methods in Chemistry, Solid State Chemistry and Materials Science, Qualitative Analysis Lab, Inorganic Quantitative Analysis Lab.
Semester 3: Bioinorganic and Organometallic Chemistry, Coordination Chemistry, Bioorganic and Heterocyclic, Spectroscopic Identification of Molecules, Electrochemistry, Organic Quantitative Analysis Lab, Organic Qualitative Analysis Lab, Medicinal Chemistry, Instrumental Methods of Analysis Lab.
Semester 4: Chemistry of Biomolecules, Kinetics, Photochemistry, Industrial Catalysis, Green Chemistry, Polymer Science, Surface Science and Coating Technology, Bioanalytical Chemistry, Nano-Chemistry and Technology.
M.Sc in Chemistry Top Colleges
- Hindu College, Delhi
- Miranda House, Delhi
- Hansraj College, Delhi
- Fergusson College, Pune
- Ramjas College, Delhi
- Stella Maris College, Chennai
- Sri Venkateswara College, Delhi
- Christ University, Bangalore
- The Oxford College of Science, Bangalore
- Chandigarh University, Chandigarh
M.Sc in Chemistry Jobs Prospects
In the pharmaceutical sector, research hospitals, laboratories, medical schools, etc., there is a wide MSc Chemistry spectrum for graduates.
- Colleges and University
- Medical Labs
- Chemistry Teacher
- Online Chemistry Tutor
- Scientist - Synthetic Lab (Computational Chemistry)
- Chemistry - Content Developer
- Chemistry Lecturers/Assistant/Associate Professors
- Chemistry Research Officer
- Scientist - Soil Chemistry/Fertility/Microbiology
- Assistant Professor - Inorganic Chemistry
- Application Specialist - Analytical Chemistry
- Solid State Chemistry Expert
- Research Officer - Bio-Chemistry