Master of Science in Microbiology: Course Details, Eligibility, Syllabus, Top College
Published by : stepincollege
Master of Science in Microbiology is a postgraduate 2 years course. The course combines science and science concepts to better understand living things and their interactions with the biological system. The investigation of microorganisms and their effects on human life is covered in this course. MSc in Microbiology is a propelled course that helps understudies comprehend microorganisms at a deeper stage, such as infection, microscopic organisms, growths, green growth, and so on.
Master Of Science in Microbiology Course Details, Eligibility, Syllabus, Top College, Job Prospects | StepInCollege
Understudies also learn about the function of these microorganisms in squandering executives and the production of old foods. MSc Microbiology is essential in pharmaceuticals, horticulture, distilleries, and business item assembly. Practicals, research-based projects, and lab work in the MSc Microbiology program support newcomers in achieving standards in the workplace by providing them with the necessary skills and knowledge.
M.Sc Microbiology Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must hold a B.Sc degree in Biology/ Biotechnology/ B.Pharma/ /B.Sc. Microbiology/ BVSc/ BPT/ B.Sc. Food Science Tech./B.Sc. Nursing / BMIT.
- The qualifying test must have received a minimum of 55 percent for the candidate.
M.Sc Microbiology Top Colleges
- St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata
- Fergusson College, Pune
- St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai
- St. Joseph’s College, Bangalore
- Ramnarain Ruia Autonomous College, Mumbai
- Chandigarh University, Chandigarh
- The Oxford College of Science, Bangalore
- Amity University, Noida
- Presidency College, Chennai
- St Francis College For Women, Hyderabad
- Kristu Jayanti College, Bangalore
M.Sc Microbiology Syllabus
Term I: Molecular Biology, Microbial Diversity, Microbial Metabolism, Enzymology, Biostatistics, Lab.
Term II: Virology, Bacteriology, Mycology and Phycology, DNA Technology, Bioinformatics (GE), Labs.
Term III: Environmental Microbiology and Waste Management, Infection Immunity and Diagnostics, Microbial Genomics, Intellectual Property Rights and Ethical Issues, Labs.
Term IV: Host-Pathogen Interaction, Food Microbiology, Fermentation Technology, Dissertation- II (DSE).
M.Sc Microbiology Job Prospects
Candidates who complete the MSc Microbiology course will be eligible for a variety of job roles available. MSc Microbiology candidates also earn a respectable salary. Some of the job roles appropriate for MSc Microbiology candidates are listed below:
- Microbiology Lab Technician
- Research Associate