Master of Science in Biotechnology: Top Colleges, Syllabus, Job Prospects | StepInCollege
Published by : stepincollege
Masters in Science in Biotechnology is a postgraduate 2 years degree course. It focuses on advanced knowledge of biology and chemistry's application in the fields of science, design, and engineering. It entails researching the use of living organisms to create bio-products. Engineering, technology, and medicine are all places where the course is used. Genetics, cell science, fermentation technology, applied biotechnology, cancer, and other topics are covered in this career-oriented course. The curriculum is a mix of instructional and practical sessions in which students learn how to execute the course.
Master Of Science in Biotechnology Details, Eligibility, Entrance Exam, Top Colleges, Syllabus, Job Prospects | StepInCollege
M Sc in Biotechnology is a serious course that prepares students for a career in research and development or employment in organizations such as pharma and medical services. MSc in Biotechnology is a course for students who want to pursue a career in science and engineering while also contributing to the clinical and pharmaceutical fields. The course will assist understudies in gaining organic science abilities and inventions.
M.Sc Biotechnology Eligibility Criteria
- BSc Biotechnology/Biology/Food Science/Microbiology/Nursing or BPharma/BPT/BMIT degree.
- The minimum percentage in the qualifying examination should be 55%.
M.Sc Biotechnology Entrance Exams
- JNUEE(Jawaharlal Nehru University)
- BHU PET (Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi)
- BITSAT (BITS, Pilani)
- TISS NET (Tata Institute of Social Sciences )
- DUET (Delhi University)
M.Sc Biotechnology Top Colleges
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore
- University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
- Calcutta University, Kolkata
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal
- Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
- Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
- Anna University, Chennai
- Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
M.Sc Biotechnology Syllabus
Semester I: Advanced Biochemistry, Advanced Molecular Biology, Advanced Molecular Biology, Animal Cell Technology, Biostatistics, Labs.
Semester II: Immunology, Immunotechnology, Plant Biotechnology, Bio instruments, Fermentation Technology, Bioinformatics.
Semester III: Enzyme Technology, Genomics, Enzyme Technology, Environmental Microbiology, and Waste Management, Intellectual Property Rights and Ethical Issue, Lab, Thesis.
Semester IV: Food Microbiology, Medical Biotechnology, Cancer Biology, Thesis.
M.Sc Biotechnology Job Prospects
MSc Biotechnology allows students to pursue careers in a variety of fields. The following are some of the job roles that an MSc Biotechnology applicant may pursue.
- Assistant Scientist
- Regional Manager
- Quality Controller
- Associate Engineer
- Biotechnology Researcher
- Sr. Regulatory Affairs Associate
- Research Biochemist
- Sr. Associate Scientist