Master of Arts in History Course Details: Top Institute, Syllabus, Job Prospects
Published by : stepincollege
Master Of Arts in History Course Details, Eligibility, Entrance Exam, Top Institute, Syllabus, Job Prospects | StepInCollege
Master of Arts in History is a postgraduate 2 years course. This course focuses on humanity's incredible accomplishments as well as its tragic mistakes. As a result, we are better able to comprehend how things were and how we could approach making a better future. It will aid in the organization and management of our communities for the good of everyone if we have a better understanding.
It is a more specialized course that can be useful to students who have completed a BA in History.
It's a path with a lot of possibilities. The number of jobs available in the government sector is very high. Historians, museum curators, archivists, archaeologists, high school teachers, and other professions are available to graduates. Graduates will develop good writing, critical thinking, and analysis skills that will help them in their careers as authors, editors, or analysts.
M.A in History Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor’s degree in History from a recognized University with a minimum overall aggregate of 50%.
M.A in Entrance Exams
- BHU PET
- DU Entrance Exam
M.A in Top Institute
- Jesus and Mary College, Delhi
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women, Delhi
- AMU - Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
- BHU - Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- The Hindu College, Delhi
- Ramjas College,
- Presidency University, Bangalore,
- St Xaviers College, Mumbai
- University of Hyderabad - UOH, Hyderabad
- Miranda House, Delhi
M.A in Syllabus
Semester 1: Aspects of Ancient India, State and Society in Medieval India, History of Tamil Nadu.
Semester 2: State and Society in Medieval India, Modern India, Indian Government and politics, Interdisciplinary course- History through literature.
Semester 3: Modern India, World History, Computer application in Historical Studies, Contemporary Issues in International Relations, Special Course-Research Methodology, Cybersecurity.
Semester 4: Historiography, History of Tamil Nadu, The economic history of India, History of the Cholas/ History of the Guptas.
M.A in Jobs Prospects
MA History graduates have a plethora of job options. And most of these workers are in the private sector. Graduates will work in fields such as:
- The museum, as curators, archivists, etc.
- Archaeological departments as an archaeologist.
- Media stations as a journalist, writer, editor, etc.
- Tourism as tour guides or museum guides, archiver, etc.
- Research and survey
- Archaeology Sites
- Historical Fiction Writing
- Historical Parks
- Museums & Art Galleries
- Publishing Houses
- Public Relation Offices
- Survey Agencies
- Tourism Industry
- Court Houses Archivist
- Documentation Specialist
- National Parks & Historic Sites Manager
- Library Systems Analyst
- Research Assistant
- Teacher & Lecturer
- Records Manager