Master of Laws in Criminal Law: Course Details, Top Institutes, Syllabus | StepInCollege
Published by : stepincollege
L.L.M Criminal Law is a post-graduate 3 years course. It was created to deal with acts of intentional harm to individuals, which are, in a broader sense, crimes against humanity. The course is designed to train skilled newcomers in locating and apprehending lawbreakers in order to prevent corruption in the public sphere and maintain a peaceful environment in which to live. Criminal law is a branch of law that is solely concerned with wrongdoing.
Master Of Laws in Criminal Law Course Details, Eligibility, Entrance Exam, Top Institutes, Syllabus, Job Prospects | StepInCollege
The course covers a thorough examination of key territorial laws and techniques, such as policing and wrongdoing avoidance, employment and genuine interests of casualties, sentencing and other legal options, and the use of custodial and non-custodial disciplines, among others. Criminal law is a field of law that focuses solely on criminal offenses. The course covers specialized subjects such as policing and crime prevention, victim identities and legitimate interests, sentencing and other judicial rulings, and the use of custodial and non-custodial sentences, among other items.
LLM in Criminal Law Eligibility Criteria
- A 3-year LLB (Bachelor of Laws) degree from a recognized university, or a 5-year BA-LLB degree.
- A minimum overall score of 55% is required.
LLM in Criminal Law Entrance Exam
- CLAT PG (Common Law Admission Test for L.L.M. course)
- AILET PG (All India Law Entrance Test for L.L.M. course)
- ILI CAT (Indian Law Institute Common Admission Test)
- IPU CET (IP University L.L.M. Entrance Exam).
LLM in Criminal Law Top Institutes
- National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore
- Faculty of Law, University of Delhi, New Delhi
- NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad
- The National Law Institute University (NLIU), Bhopal
- Symbiosis Law School, Pune
LLM in Criminal Law Syllabus
Semester 1: Theories Of Law, Research Methodology.
Semester 2: Banking Law, Corporate Jurisprudence.
Semester 3: Legal Concepts, Legislative Process.
Semester 4: Corporate Law, Life And Fire Insurance.
Semester 5: Judicial Process, Law Of Intellectual Property 1.
Semester 6: Competition Law, Consumer Law, Law of Intellectual property 2.
LLM in Criminal Law Job Prospects
Successful postgraduates of the LLM Criminal Law program who want to continue their education in the field may pursue a Ph.D. or MPhil in the subject. Postgraduates in this field will find lucrative jobs in places like national legal agencies, law firms, and security, among other places.
- Criminal Lawyer
- Forensic Science Technician
- Lecturer/ Professor
- Banking Law
- Commercial and Corporate Law
- Criminal Law
- European Law
- Environmental Law
- Human Rights
- Intellectual Property Law
- International Economic Law
- International Law
- Medical Law and Ethics
- Technology and the Law