Master of Computer Applications: Course Details, Top Colleges, Syllabus, Entrance Exam
Published by : stepincollege
Master of Computer Applications is a postgraduate 3 years Information Technology course. The use of a computer to solve a problem or complete a task for an end-user is known as a computer application. Sales order management, inventory control, and payroll are examples of popular business computer applications. The MCA curriculum is designed to develop students' software skills and enhance their computer application abilities.
Master of Computer Applications Course Details, Eligibility, Entrance Exam, Top Colleges, Syllabus, Job Prospects | StepInCollege
This curriculum prepares students for the rigors of corporate IT by training them for the demands of hard work. MCA courses are more focused on the application of programming languages, IT skills, and other related concepts, with a five-semester curriculum. Industrial training, internships, and projects are the focus of the sixth and final semester.
MCA Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant must have earned a BCA degree or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- The qualifying test must have yielded a minimum aggregate score of 60 percent.
- Candidates who are in their final year of study are also eligible to apply.
MCA Entrance Exams
- TANCET (Tamilnadu Common Entrance Test)
- K CET (Karnataka Common Entrance Test)
- OJEE (Odisha Joint Entrance Examination)
- IPU CET (Indraprastha University)
- UP SEE (Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU))
- NIMCET (National Institute Of Technology, Surathkal)
- TANCET (Anna University)
- VIT MEE (VIT University)
- MAH MCA CET (State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra)
- BIT MCA (Birla Institute of Technology)
MCA Top Colleges
- JNU, New Delhi
- Calcutta University, Kolkata
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal
- University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
- Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
- Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
- Anna University, Chennai
- Bharathiar University, Coimbatore
- NIT Trichy, Tiruchirappalli
- VIT, Vellore
First Year: Fundamentals of IT, Object-Oriented Programming in C++, Computer Organization, Operating Systems, Programming in C, Database Management Systems, Data and File Structures, Software Engineering, Discrete Mathematics.
Second Year: Theory of Computation, Data Warehousing and Data Mining, Data Communications and Networking, Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, Computer Graphics, Web Technologies, Design and Analysis of Algorithms, Computer Networks, Java Programming.
Third Year: Linux Programming, Enterprise Computing with Java, Software Testing, Electives, 6-month Internship.
MCA Job Prospects
After completing the MCA program, graduates have a wide range of options. MCA graduates can find employment in the fields of information technology, software engineering, network engineering, and consulting.
- Software Developer
- System Engineer
- System Analyst
- System Administrator
- Software Application Architect
- Web Designer and Developer
- Software Consultant
- Banking Sector
- Database Management Companies
- e-Commerce Companies
- Schools and Colleges
- Security and Surveillance Companies
- Design Support and Data Communications Companies
- Government Agencies
- Networking Companies
- Software Development Companies
- Stock Exchanges
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Software Engineer or Programmer
- Computer Support Service Specialist
- Software Developer
- Computer Presentation Specialist
- Software Publisher
- Commercial & Industrial Designer
- Project Leader
- Database Administrator
- Computer Scientist
- Junior Programmer
- Chief Information Officer
- Information Systems Manager
- Systems Administrator