Master of Education: Eligibility, Course Details, Top Colleges, Job Prospects | StepInCollege
Published by : stepincollege
Masters of Education (M.Ed) is a two-year master’s program. It can be viewed as a regular degree, a distance mode, or a compatibility mode. The degree is available in a variety of subjects, and the National Council of Higher Education is in charge of the program. To teach at the college or university level, you must have a master's degree in education. The MEd program teaches students the fundamentals of educational study, as well as the social and psychological basis of teaching. This course is more of a research-based course.
Master of Education Course Details, Eligibility, Entrance Exam, Top Colleges, Syllabus, Job Prospects | StepInCollege
After completing the MEd program, one can work as an instructor or professor, as well as counselors, headmasters, and other positions. It demands study in fields such as education, psychology, and sociology, among others. It is concerned with the study of cutting-edge teaching methods and educational studies. It concentrates on various aspects of education, such as teaching, curriculum, counseling, leadership, and educational technology.
M.Ed Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum Qualifications: A bachelor's degree in education (B.Ed./B.El.Ed.) is required.
- Minimum Aggregate Marks: 50 percent to 60 percent, depending on the college.
M.Ed Entrance Exams
- Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET)
- Banaras Hindu University Post Graduate Entrance Test (BHU PET)
- Jammu University Entrance Test (JUET)
- Aligarh Muslim University Test (AMU Test)
- Lucknow University Test
- Patna University M.Ed Entrance Test (MEET)
M.Ed Top Colleges
- Ghulam Ahmed College of Education, Hyderabad
- Mumbai University, Maharashtra
- Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu
- Banasthali Vidyapith University, Rajasthan
- Amity University, Uttar Pradesh
- Dr. D.Y. Patil Vidya Pratishthan, Maharashtra
- Regional Institute of Education, Odisha
- Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala
- Punjab University, Punjab
- Kakatiya University, Telangana
Semester I: Philosophical Foundations of Education-I, Psychological Foundations of Education-I, Sociological Foundations of Education-I, The methodology of Educational Research & Educational Statistics-I, Information and Communication Technology in Education-(Course V is Practical base), Research Communication & Expository writing skills.
Semester II: Philosophical Foundations of Education-II, Psychological Foundations of Education-II, Sociological Foundations of Education-II, The methodology of Educational Research & Educational Statistics-II, Educational Data Analysis through Statistical packages (Course X is Practical base), Proposal preparation and presentation (Dissertation based practicum).
Semester III: Comparative Education-I, Curriculum Studies-I, Special Papers, Dissertation/Special Paper, Specialization-based Internship.
Semester IV: Comparative Education-II, Curriculum Studies-II, Special Papers, Dissertation/Special Paper, Internship (in Teacher Education Institution).
M.Ed Job Prospects
Educational Management, Language Education, Women Studies Yoga Education, Special Education, Environment Education, and other specialization courses are available when studying MEd. MEd graduates can choose from a variety of work opportunities:
- School Teacher
- Education Consultant
- Professional Trainer
- Educational Counselor
- Soft Skills Trainer
- Career Counsellor
- Principal/ Headmaster
- Home Tutor
- Online Tutor
- Instructional Technologist
- Curriculum Developer