Bachelor of Journalism & Mass Communication: Eligibility, Entrance Exam, Top Colleges
Published by : stepincollege
Bachelor of Journalism & Mass Communication (BJMC) is an undergraduate 3 years course. It teaches aspirants about different journalism skills in media outlets such as newspapers, television, radio, and the internet. It also educates students on the different technologies, facilities, and applications used in the media industry.
Bachelor of Journalism & Mass Communication Details, Eligibility, Entrance Exam, Top Colleges, Syllabus, Job Prospects | StepInColleges
BJMC is an excellent career choice for those who have always been interested and inquisitive about current affairs and problems around the world. They should be able to write well and report on events to a large audience using various media outlets. Candidates in this group should be able to write well, including editing and web writing, and have sound communication and analytical skills.
BJMC Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum Qualification Required: 10+2 in any subject or area or an equivalent exam
- Minimum Marks Required: 50% to 60%, depending on the institution.
- Age Requirement: BJMC requires a minimum age of 17 years.
BJMC Entrance Exams
- IIMC Entrance Exam, Indian Institute of Journalism & Mass Communication
- Jamia Milia Common Entrance Test
- Symbiosis Institute of Journalism & Mass Communication Entrance Exam
- Xavier Institute of Mass Communication Entrance Exam
- Andhra University Common Entrance Test
BJMC Top Colleges
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi
- Mewar University, Rajasthan
- Indira Gandhi National Tribal University, Madhya Pradesh
- Institute of Management Studies, Noida
- National Institute of Mass Communication and Journalism, Ahmedabad
- Jaipur National University, Jaipur
- Deen Dayal Upadhyay Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur
- Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, Delhi
- Chandigarh University, Chandigarh
- International Institute of Mass Media, Delhi
First Year: Fundamentals of Communication Skills, History of Media, Editing Practical, Fundamentals of Computers, Fundamentals of Journalism, Writing for Media Theory, Editing Theory, English Literature 1 & 2, Writing for Media Practical.
Second Year: Radio Broadcasting Theory, Public Relations Theory, TV Broadcasting Theory & Practical, Advertising Theory & Practical, Public Relations Practical, Photojournalism Theory & Practical.
Third Year: Environment & Media, Advanced Media Research, Project Work, Media Law & Ethics, Internet & New Media Theory, Information Society, Basic Media Research, Internet & New Media Theory, Magazine Journalism Theory & Practical.
BJMC Job Prospects
Students with a BJMC degree have a wide variety of career openings in both the public and private sectors. Candidates who want to obtain a higher degree in the field will enroll in master's and other study programs to expand their horizons and improve their job opportunities. Aspirants with a master's degree are given better career opportunities and compensation packages. The work functions and employment areas appropriate for a BJMC graduate are mentioned below:
- Circulation & Public Relations
- Advertising Agencies
- News Agencies
- Broadcasting Corporations
- Legal Affairs Department
- Photography Companies
- Radio Telecasting Companies
- TV Channels
- All India Radio
- News Analyst
- Feature Writer
- Freelance Writer/ Reporter
- Special Correspondent
- Radio Jockey
- Video Jockey
- TV Correspondent
- Fashion Photographer