Ph.D. English course at Amity University Jaipur, Eligibility Criteria, Placements
Published by : stepincollege
Ph.D. English course at Amity University, Jaipur
Ph.D. English courses will last up to 5 years. This is determined by the institution that offers the course. Throughout the course, students will be exposed to various ideas, texts in various styles, dialects, and sects of the English language. The Ph.D. English course is the highest level of qualification available in the English language domain. The Ph.D. English course assists students in obtaining high-level roles in which English is the primary language. Candidates who complete this course are eligible for editorial positions, authorship, copy editing, and higher-level positions requiring innovation. Students who study other courses related to film criticism, motion picture editing, and other related fields have a better chance of landing higher-paying positions in the industry. While the start of the career may be comparable to that of students beginning their careers after receiving their bachelor's or master's degrees, the career's vertical growth is faster. Some of the positions that are prominent after a Ph.D. English courses include content editing, authorship, motion picture editing, and serving as senior editors and department heads in English. The field of journalism and media is rapidly expanding, and Ph.D. English scholars are in high demand. Starting a career as an editorial assistant for a large publishing house is a good place to start. After completing a Ph.D. English course, becoming an advertising agency copywriter or a public relations officer are some of the best places to start a career.
Another exciting career choice, but one that will take time to develop, is being a self-published author. It is also a viable career choice to publish your own books on academic subjects. After the student completes the dissertation, the course awards them a doctoral degree. Some universities will give them credit for their efforts. To be able to progress further, certain credits must be completed each year. After completing the dissertation, thesis, and related coursework in English, research scholars are awarded a Ph.D. English degree. Researchers who pursue a Ph.D. in English research different methods of text analysis and probe the depths of literature. Students receive pedagogical instruction. With a Ph.D. English degree, the scope of work for research and development in the English language vastly expands. As a result, the future opportunities of a Ph.D. English is in the realm of language improvement and assisting society in reducing jargon and appreciating the nuances of the language. The focus will be primarily on writing professions, communication skills, and decoding the nuances of classic literature.
Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D. English
Master's degree in the same field from an accredited Indian or foreign university with a minimum of 55 percent or equivalent grade.
Selection Process for Ph.D. English
Score on the Ph.D. Entrance Exam
- The written exam is not open to candidates who have passed the UGC NET / CSIR / ICAR (ASRB) / GPAT / ICMR / GATE in the previous two years.
- Candidates who have completed an M.Phil. in the relevant subject are eligible for Ph.D. programs.
- A combined grade point average of 60 percent or higher in 10th, 10+2, and Bachelor's Degree is required for admission to the Ph.D. program.
- Candidates for the Ph.D. in Commerce must have an ICWAI/ICSI from the “University of Chartered Accountants of India” (ICAI) with a minimum of 55 percent.
- The admissions process for the Ph.D. program takes place twice a year, in January and July.
Program Fee for Ph.D. English
1st Year Non Sponsored Semester Fee: Rs. 42,000
Program Fee for Ph.D. English (Part-Time)
1st Year Non Sponsored Semester Fee: Rs. 27,000
Duration for Ph.D. English
This curriculum will take 3 years to complete.
Duration for Ph.D. English (Part-Time)
This curriculum will take 4.5 years to complete.
Course Curriculum Syllabus for Ph.D. English
Review of Published Research Work
Literary Criticism, Theory & Research Methodology in Humanities
Research & Publication Ethics
Fellowships at the Amity University
The Amity Science, Technology, and Innovation Foundation (ASTIF) grants Fellowships to promising young scholars and scientists as part of its Nation Building initiatives. Fellowships are available in all disciplines, and there is no limit on the number of individuals who may apply. For more information, go to www.amity.edu/astif/astifnew/.
Eligibility for a Ph.D. Fellowship
The applicant must have a perfect academic record, up to and including a Master's Degree from a prestigious college or university. The ASTIF Fellowship will be awarded to applicants who have not previously earned a fellowship from another institution and have made significant progress in their study since enrolling in Amity's Ph.D. program.
Career Prospects for a Ph.D. English
Teaching institutions and the creative industries are among the positions available after completing a Ph.D. in English. Schools and colleges are the first areas of interest where Ph.D. English-trained scholars may apply for jobs since they are the most common places to learn English. They can start as Teacher Assistants and work their way up to become Department Heads. Critics will work in the creative field if they have a Ph.D. and a certification in cinematography or broadcast media. Critics are similar to content administrators. Critics may also work for publishing houses, checking and moderating books before they are published. The table below shows the various types of job profiles that research scholars with a Ph.D. in English can obtain. It's important to note at this point that a Ph.D. graduate will begin at a nominal or even entry-level position. Only after a few years of experience does an applicant become eligible for higher positions. However, as opposed to Graduates and Postgraduates with Masters degrees, this occurs at a faster pace.
- Head of Department English
- Movie Critic
- Content Writer
- Copy Editor
- Technical Writer
ASL graduates are highly qualified, experienced, and sought after by a variety of academic and corporate sectors. ASL graduates have been hired as content authors, translators, and instructors, among other positions. In order to transform vision into practice, the institute aims to create the right environment and strike a balance between imagination and information dissemination.
With the help of specialist institutions, we hope to train the brightest minds to contribute to nation-building through their skill sets. Several notable organizations have successfully put our students. Through the initiatives and activities of the Placement Cell, ASL's contribution to grooming knowledgeable practitioners in the fields of language, literature, and culture studies finds meaning and speech.
- Direct Dialogue
- Indian Institute of Code Network & Security
Amity School of Languages
Language learning was once regarded as merely a pastime, but as the world becomes more interconnected, learning a language other than English has become a necessity. Advances in technology have given us the opportunity to communicate regardless of where we are in the world, emphasizing the value of learning a foreign language. The wonderful thing about languages is that they can be used for more than just communication. They can also be used to connect with others on a cultural level.
Similarly, Amity University Rajasthan founded the Amity School of Languages (ASL), a school for language learning under the Faculty of Humanities, Social Sciences, and Liberal Arts. Amity School of Languages has been committed to providing international exposure to students from all walks of life at Amity University Rajasthan, Jaipur, since its inception in 2007.
- In addition to providing daily classes for the provided courses, the Institution also offers regular Foreign Languages classes to all AUR departments, with the choice of choosing from French, Spanish, German, or Chinese.
- Behavioral sciences, business communication, and personality development are taught as separate subjects in each semester by separate specialized faculty members, and each student receives a certificate upon successful completion of these subjects as well as the degree program. Nonetheless, ASL provides students with evening Foreign Language Learning classes.
- The institution has highly trained and experienced faculty members with extensive industrial and academic experience to train students according to language learning and teaching requirements and standards. ASL strongly promotes full industry interaction by hosting guest presentations, workshops, seminars, and conferences on a regular basis.
- These opportunities and forums offer students the most industrial visibility possible, thanks to MoUs signed by the Institution. Students receive hands-on instruction from the institution by having the ability to practice after class; special evening courses are offered to those who are interested.
- The Industry Advisory Board (IAB) ensures that students are placed in reputable relevant businesses. The institution's graduates are involved in a variety of academic and corporate settings. During the campus placement drive, 95 percent of students obtain work offers on average.
- In ASL, a lot more happens, which benefits the students' overall growth.
Advantage - ASL
- ASL has a well-equipped Language Laboratory with Rosetta Stone, the most up-to-date foreign language learning software.
- Language Laboratory offers complete immersion in foreign languages, making it easier to learn verbal skills.
- Our corporate research cell (CRC) is proactive in putting on professional development programs for young and entrepreneurial students. The department also hosts seminars and training programs, encouraging students to pass international certification exams (A1, A2, B1, B2) for languages recognized as global and lifetime accreditation under the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
- Collaborations and training/visits: ASL, in cooperation with the Directorate of International Affairs (DIA), organizes a number of international visits to expose students to international debates and discussions. The Study Abroad Program (SAP) is working hard to strengthen international relations with universities and institutions around the world. ASL has Exchange Programs with Sciences Po Bordeaux, France, Rennes School of Business, France, and Universidad de Los Andes, Chile, to its credit as of today.
- In accordance with UGC guidelines, ASL has implemented a Choice Based Credit System since 2015, in which students choose a "Minor Track" from a menu of courses ranging from Basic Psychology, Tropical Meteorology, Photo Journalism, Corporate Communication, and Event Management.
- In the evenings, ASL offers international qualification coaching courses to all candidates.
- All university students can take a Value Added Course in Foreign Language offered by ASL.
- ASL offers Minor Track Programs in English Literature, French Studies, Shakespearean Literature, Spanish Studies, and Chinese Studies through the CBCS system.
- Twice a semester, the Cine Feel Foreign Language movie projection provides Foreign Language students with both verbal and nonverbal interpretations of various foreign cultures.
- Language Exhibitions are a fun way for ASL students to show off their studies in the form of posters, models, and paintings on topics related to their courses.
- ASL students have a good time at the Melas, where they sell their handcrafted imaginative games, items, and recipes (all related to one of their Foreign Languages and Cultures curricula).
- ASL ensures placement for each graduating student through its well-developed Industry Advisory Board (IAB) at the departmental level and the Corporate Research Centre (CRC) at the university level, in addition to providing a comprehensive education to language students.
- After school, ASL has a Debate & Litro-cultural Club, which involves students in positive activities. Poetry recitation sessions and sharing of students' book reading experiences with faculty and friends are among the activities. A current-events debate is also being considered.
- The department organizes monthly community connection events with the aim of connecting our students with economically underprivileged parts of society in order to educate them.
- PRAYAS, a community of Americans who care for underprivileged children, includes both students and faculty.
- ASL's faculty members are highly educated and experienced, having published numerous academic papers in prestigious national and international journals.
- Faculty members contribute scientifically by giving talks and chairing sessions at national and international universities' conferences and seminars.