Ph.D. in French course at Amity University Jaipur, Program Fee, Selection Process
Published by : stepincollege
Ph.D. in French course at Amity University, Jaipur
Ph.D. in French is a Ph.D. curriculum that aims to develop candidates' requisite skill sets and language proficiency. Candidates gain a detailed understanding of the French subject as a result of this, making it easier for them to undertake research in this area. The main goal of this course is to broaden students' knowledge of French and broaden their perspective on the subject. Individuals seeking a doctorate in French have the ability to learn about the value of lingual highlights and how they are used in various contexts. Candidates gain a detailed understanding of the French subject as a result of this, making it easier for them to undertake research in this area. The main goal of this course is to broaden students' awareness and broaden their perspective on the topic. This provides students with a forum to develop their grammatical capacity, learn new things, and improve their command of the English language in preparation for writing a thesis.
The course is designed in such a way that students are exposed to the language and gain an intuitive understanding of it. Students are given the opportunity to enhance their knowledge of French through the Ph.D. in French course, which prepares them to write the thesis that they must submit at the end of the final semester, with the help of a faculty member. The history, literature, hieroglyphics, and research methodology of the French language are all covered in this Ph.D. in French course. Ph.D. applicants in the French language obtain a firm grasp of the language while also exploring multidisciplinary aspects of the discipline. The aim of the Ph.D. program is to provide applicants with the requisite skill sets and language proficiency to advance their careers in their chosen field.
Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D. French
MA in French with a mark of 55% or equivalent grade is required.
Selection Process for Ph.D. French
Score on the Ph.D. Entrance Exam
- The written exam is not open to candidates who have passed the UGC NET / CSIR / ICAR (ASRB) / GPAT / ICMR / GATE in the previous two years.
- Candidates who have completed an M.Phil. in the relevant subject are eligible for Ph.D. programs.
- A combined grade point average of 60 percent or higher in 10th, 10+2, and Bachelor's Degree is required for admission to the Ph.D. program.
- Candidates with an ICWAI/ICSI from the “University of Chartered Accountants of India” (ICAI) with a minimum of 55 percent will be considered for the Ph.D. in Commerce.
- The Ph.D. admissions process takes place twice a year, in January and July.
Program Fee for Ph.D. French
1st Year Non Sponsored Semester Fee: Rs. 42,000
Program Fee for Ph.D. French (Part-Time)
1st Year Non Sponsored Semester Fee: Rs. 27,000
Duration for Ph.D. French
This curriculum will take 3 years to complete.
Duration for Ph.D. French (Part-Time)
This curriculum will take 4.5 years to complete.
Course Curriculum Syllabus for Ph.D. French
Review of Published Research Work
Literary Criticism, Theory & Research Methodology in Humanities
Research & Publication Ethics
Fellowships at the Amity University
As part of its Nation Building initiatives, the Amity Science, Technology, and Innovation Foundation (ASTIF) awards Fellowships to talented young scholars and scientists. Fellowships are available in all disciplines, and the number of people who may apply is unlimited. Visit www.amity.edu/astif/astifnew/ for more details.
Eligibility for a Ph.D. Fellowship
A flawless academic record, up to and including a Master's Degree from a prestigious college or university, is required of the applicant. Only candidates who have not previously received a fellowship from another institution and have made substantial progress in their research since enrolling in Amity's Ph.D. program will be eligible for the ASTIF Fellowship.
Career Prospects for a Ph.D. French
Doctorates with satisfactory completion of the Ph.D. in French program will pursue careers in a variety of fields. Language departments, travel and tourism, hotels and restaurants, translation offices, government posts, government and private departments, academic and diplomatic organizations, and more are examples of these types of organizations. They still have a lot of potential in fields like journalism, international finance and trade, and international diplomatic work. The table below contains a rundown of each work profile as well as the associated salary. Each job role has a different salary. Working in industrial R&D laboratories or at a university position is the most popular alternative after completing a Ph.D., and people can even start their own businesses. All industrial R&D facilities have a significant effect on Ph.D. holders; these organizations not only involve them in research but also enlist their assistance in making important strategic decisions. So you can see that Ph.D. training is far more than just a degree that allows you to become a professor or a doctor. If a professor completes five PhDs in his lifetime and all of them are hired, the size of his academic institution will grow five times the pay of a single degree. The pay is determined by one's work experience.
- French Interpreter
- Language Advisor
- French Tech Support Associate
- Business Advisory
- Linguist Specialist
ASL graduates are highly qualified, experienced, and sought after by a variety of academic and corporate sectors. ASL graduates have been hired as content authors, translators, and instructors, among other positions. In order to transform vision into practice, the institute aims to create the right environment and strike a balance between imagination and information dissemination.
With the help of specialist institutions, we hope to train the brightest minds to contribute to nation-building through their skill sets. Several notable organizations have successfully put our students. Through the initiatives and activities of the Placement Cell, ASL's contribution to grooming knowledgeable practitioners in the fields of language, literature, and culture studies finds meaning and speech.
- Direct Dialogue
- Indian Institute of Code Network & Security
Amity School of Languages
Language learning was once regarded as merely a pastime, but as the world becomes more interconnected, learning a language other than English has become a necessity. Advances in technology have given us the opportunity to communicate regardless of where we are in the world, emphasizing the value of learning a foreign language. The wonderful thing about languages is that they can be used for more than just communication. They can also be used to connect with others on a cultural level.
Similarly, Amity University Rajasthan founded the Amity School of Languages (ASL), a school for language learning under the Faculty of Humanities, Social Sciences, and Liberal Arts. Amity School of Languages has been committed to providing international exposure to students from all walks of life at Amity University Rajasthan, Jaipur, since its inception in 2007.
- In addition to providing daily classes for the provided courses, the Institution also offers regular Foreign Languages classes to all AUR departments, with the choice of choosing from French, Spanish, German, or Chinese.
- Behavioral sciences, business communication, and personality development are taught as separate subjects in each semester by separate specialized faculty members, and each student receives a certificate upon successful completion of these subjects as well as the degree program. Nonetheless, ASL provides students with evening Foreign Language Learning classes.
- The institution has highly trained and experienced faculty members with extensive industrial and academic experience to train students according to language learning and teaching requirements and standards. ASL strongly promotes full industry interaction by hosting guest presentations, workshops, seminars, and conferences on a regular basis.
- These opportunities and forums offer students the most industrial visibility possible, thanks to MoUs signed by the Institution. Students receive hands-on instruction from the institution by having the ability to practice after class; special evening courses are offered to those who are interested.
- The Industry Advisory Board (IAB) ensures that students are placed in reputable relevant businesses. The institution's graduates are involved in a variety of academic and corporate settings. During the campus placement drive, 95 percent of students obtain work offers on average.
- In ASL, a lot more happens, which benefits the students' overall growth.
Advantage - ASL
- ASL has a well-equipped Language Laboratory with Rosetta Stone, the most up-to-date foreign language learning software.
- Language Laboratory offers complete immersion in foreign languages, making it easier to learn verbal skills.
- Our corporate research cell (CRC) is proactive in putting on professional development programs for young and entrepreneurial students. The department also hosts seminars and training programs, encouraging students to pass international certification exams (A1, A2, B1, B2) for languages recognized as global and lifetime accreditation under the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
- Collaborations and training/visits: ASL, in cooperation with the Directorate of International Affairs (DIA), organizes a number of international visits to expose students to international debates and discussions. The Study Abroad Program (SAP) is working hard to strengthen international relations with universities and institutions around the world. ASL has Exchange Programs with Sciences Po Bordeaux, France, Rennes School of Business, France, and Universidad de Los Andes, Chile, to its credit as of today.
- In accordance with UGC guidelines, ASL has implemented a Choice Based Credit System since 2015, in which students choose a "Minor Track" from a menu of courses ranging from Basic Psychology, Tropical Meteorology, Photo Journalism, Corporate Communication, and Event Management.
- In the evenings, ASL offers international qualification coaching courses to all candidates.
- All university students can take a Value Added Course in Foreign Language offered by ASL.
- ASL offers Minor Track Programs in English Literature, French Studies, Shakespearean Literature, Spanish Studies, and Chinese Studies through the CBCS system.
- Twice a semester, the Cine Feel Foreign Language movie projection provides Foreign Language students with both verbal and nonverbal interpretations of various foreign cultures.
- Language Exhibitions are a fun way for ASL students to show off their studies in the form of posters, models, and paintings on topics related to their courses.
- ASL students have a good time at the Melas, where they sell their handcrafted imaginative games, items, and recipes (all related to one of their Foreign Languages and Cultures curricula).
- ASL ensures placement for each graduating student through its well-developed Industry Advisory Board (IAB) at the departmental level and the Corporate Research Centre (CRC) at the university level, in addition to providing a comprehensive education to language students.
- After school, ASL has a Debate & Litro-cultural Club, which involves students in positive activities. Poetry recitation sessions and sharing of students' book reading experiences with faculty and friends are among the activities. A current-events debate is also being considered.
- The department organizes monthly community connection events with the aim of connecting our students with economically underprivileged parts of society in order to educate them.
- PRAYAS, a community of Americans who care for underprivileged children, includes both students and faculty.
- ASL's faculty members are highly educated and experienced, having published numerous academic papers in prestigious national and international journals.
- Faculty members contribute scientifically by giving talks and chairing sessions at national and international universities' conferences and seminars.