B.Sc (H) Botany Course at VGU Jaipur, Eligibility And Fee Details
Published by : stepincollege
B.Sc (H) Botany Course at VGU, Jaipur
B.Sc Botany is an undergraduate degree programme that is most common among students who studied Biology or related subjects in high school. The B.Sc programme is three years long. The course is designed to teach students about the plant kingdom and the various organisms that can be found on the earth. After Class XII, students interested in ecology, forestry, and plants will enrol in this course.
The B.Sc Botany curriculum includes research exercises in the classroom as well as practical concepts in the laboratory. For real-world experience and learning, infield and outstation events and projects are often organised.
Vivekananda Global University, ranked among India's Best and B.Sc (H) Botany Colleges, provides students with an intellectually stimulating atmosphere and a course curriculum that includes practical training, project work, expert lectures, and more. Though theory allows you to grasp the subject's complexities, excellently laboratories provide enhanced reasonable view and real-time access.
Scope in B.Sc (H) Botany
After completing a B.Sc. in Botany, you will pursue a rewarding career. Botanists, conservationists, and ecologists, among other professions, may benefit from a B.Sc Botany degree.
Department at a Glance
- Experiential and project-based learning
- The programme was developed with input from industry leaders.
- Practical grooming experience that leads to a career in the grooming industry
- Patronage from the industry on a never-before-seen scale
- Best-in-class placements
- Analytical Techniques for plants
- Anatomy of Angiosperms
- Genetic Engineering
- Physics, Statistics and probability
Eligibility And Fee Details
Eligibility – Pass 10+2 or Intermediate with a 60 percent aggregated mark (with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Maths )
If a candidate has not taught English as a subject, the English requirement may be waived if the candidate studied in an English-medium environment during his qualifying exam.
Fees Details –
40000 -/ INR
Scholarship amount (per semester)
75% or above aggregate marks in 12th
25% of Programme Fee
60% or above aggregate marks in 12th
10% of Programme Fee
Fee After Scholarship –
Applicable Fee after Scholarship
75% or above aggregate marks in 12th
(i.e. 25% of Programme Fee)
60% aggregate marks in 12th
(i.e. 10% of Programme Fee)
Pathway After B.Sc Botany
Careers: Students may choose from a variety of professional courses after completing their B.Sc. Botany degree, depending on their field of interest. Check out the following list of career options for B.Sc Botany students:
- Plant Biochemist
- Weed Scientist
- Plant Researcher
- Plant Pathologist
- Consultant in Farming
About Faculty of Basic & Applied Sciences
The Faculty of Basic and Applied Sciences offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programmes. The majority of the faculty members have earned a PhD and are well-known for their scholarly contributions in national and international scientific journals. Each department has a distinct and distinguished place in academia and has quickly established a reputation among top universities.
Why Basic & Applied Sciences?
Basic and Applied Sciences is a difficult path. After completing this course, the average starting salary is very high. Students can earn between IRN 2,00,000 and IRN 12,00,000 per year. Students who complete this course will work as teachers in a variety of coaching centres.
Applied Science as Career
The Bachelor of Science in Applied Sciences is a three-year full-time programme. The following are the specifics of this course:
- The focus of the B.Sc Applied Sciences course is on the relevance of science in modern society for the advancement of specific industries.
- This course places a greater focus on putting all of the scientific procedures and laws into practice.
- Students who complete a B.Sc. in Applied Sciences will work in a variety of pharmaceutical and commercial industries.
- This course assists students in gaining a sound foundation in science for practical applications.
- Students with a B.Sc. in Applied Sciences degree are well-prepared for management positions in businesses.
Collaboration with Professional Scientific Associations
- International Center of Theoretical Physics (ICTP)
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- International Society for Infectious Diseases (ISID).
- European Society of Toxicology in vitro (ESTIV).
- Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA).
- Soft Materials Research Society (SMRS).
- Material Research Society of India (MRSI).
- Indian Association of Physics Teachers (IAPT)
- International Society for Life Sciences (ISLS).
- Indian Society for the Study of Reproduction & Fertility (ISSRF)
- Indo Global Health Care Research Foundation (IGHCRF)
- Classrooms that are smart
- Science and Technology Innovation Center
- Material testing facility
- Physics, forensic science, chemistry, zoology, and botany are all covered in this lab.
- ANIMAL Experimentation Software for MATLAB
- Wi-Fi and other teaching aids are needed to promote successful pedagogy.
HIGHLIGHTS (Achievements, Awards, Special Events or Activities)
- 80 percent placement- one student is an IAS, a bank PO, a lecturer in a government college, and has passed the NET and GATE exams.
- Faculty with the highest h-index and citations at VGU
- The most prestigious SCI journals
- Several grants were obtained from various funding organisations.
- 2019 International Conference on Environmental and Sustainable Development Trends
- INSPIRE Science Camps will be held in March and November of 2019.
- 2019 Crime Scene Investigation Workshop
- Insect Detection and Preservation Techniques Workshop 2019
- In 2019, the National Conference on Nanomaterials in Biology will be held.
- 2020 Science E-Talk Series