B.Sc. Hons Astrophysics and Space Technology at VGU Jaipur, Eligibility and Fee Details
Published by : stepincollege
B.Sc. Hons Astrophysics and Space Technology at VGU, Jaipur
The B.Sc.(Hons.) Astrophysics and Space Technology programme is an undergraduate Honours programme aimed at providing a comprehensive graduate-level research programme that covers both depth and breadth of knowledge in Physics and Astrophysics. The course is structured to place a strong focus on a broad conceptual foundation, which includes experiments and modern computational techniques. The curriculum provides students with a thorough understanding of astrophysics concepts and techniques, as well as the ability to apply that knowledge to a variety of theoretical, observational, and practical problems.
Vivekananda Global University ranked among India's Best and Top B.Sc.Hons. Astrophysics and Space Technology Colleges provide students with an interesting and intelligent atmosphere and a course curriculum that includes technical learning, project work, expert lectures, and more. Although theory allows you to grasp the subject's complexities, the well-equipped laboratories offer a more realistic view and real-time visibility.
- Concepts and ideas gained in real-life job environments with a project-driven internship are unique features.
- Self-assessment tools and software that can help you better understand, handle, and lead yourself.
- Mentorship from senior industry professionals who will advise and counsel the students.
- Emphasis on professional development with a focus on real-world experience
- Visiting professors from National Institutes of Excellence, International Universities, ISRO, and other Space Research Organizations.
- Faculty with extensive experience from prestigious academic institutions
- Embedded Industry Certifications: These credential programmes assist students by being prepared and planned for the current industry developments.
- 100% Assistance with Placement
What do you study in B.Sc Hons Astrophysics and Space Technology?
The Astrophysics and Space Technology programme is designed to include a comprehensive graduate-level study programme that covers both depth and breadth of knowledge in physics and astrophysics. The course is structured to place a strong focus on a broad conceptual foundation, which includes experiments and modern computational techniques. The curriculum provides students with a thorough understanding of astrophysics concepts and techniques, as well as the ability to apply that knowledge to a variety of theoretical, observational, and practical problems.
Scope in B.Sc Hons Astrophysics and Space Technology
Astrophysics can lead to careers in three areas: science, technology, and operations. Scientific roles, such as astrophysical and cosmological data analysis, mission conception, mission control, astronautical programmes, and advanced concept creation, will frequently be available in governmental or transnational space agencies. On the technology side of things, technology may be involved in the mission's entire lifecycle, from feasibility studies to design, produce, and launch. The companies exist solely to run satellites, lease bandwidth and sell data to other companies on the operations side.
Students will continue their education by pursuing M.Sc., Ph.D., and study in Astrophysics. The following organisations offer job prospects to aspirants:
- ISRO stands for Indian Space Research Organization.
- Laboratories for Space Physics
- VSSC stands for Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre.
- Centres for Space Applications
- ABBA stands for Association of Bangalore Amateur Astronomers.
Department at a Glance
- Experiential and project-based learning
- The programme was developed with input from industry leaders.
- Practical grooming experience that leads to a career in the grooming industry
- Patronage from the industry on a never-before-seen scale
- Best-in-class placements
Course Details for B.Sc Hons Astrophysics and Space Technology
- Mathematical Physics
- Waves and Oscillations
- Mechanics and Properties of Matter
- Special Theory of Relativity
- Quantum Mechanics
- Solid State Physics
- Nuclear and Particle Physics
- Computational Physics
- General Theory of Relativity and Cosmology
- Introductory Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Stellar Evolution
- The Sun and Planets
- Asteroids, Meteors, Comets and Galaxies
- Introduction to Planetary and Interplanetary Space
- Electromagnetic spectrum and Astronomer’s tools
Eligibility And Fee Details
Eligibility – Pass a recognised board's XII (PCM) or equivalent exam.
Admissions will be dependent on a student's XII grade point average and entrance exam/JEE ranking.
If an applicant has not graduated English as a subject, the English requirement may be relaxed if the applicant has studied in an English-medium environment throughout his qualifying examination.
Duration for Course B.Sc Hons Astrophysics and Space Technology
The B.Sc. degree is a 4-year undergraduate programme (eight-semester course).
A student earns the degree of B.Sc (Hons.) –Astrophysics and Space Technology after successfully completing a four-year degree programme.
If a student drops out after three years, he or she will be awarded a General Three-Year B.Sc. (Physics) degree.
Fees Details for B.Sc Hons Astrophysics and Space Technology
60000 -/ INR
30000 -/ INR
Scholarships for B.Sc Hons Astrophysics and Space Technology
Scholarship amount (per semester)
75% or above aggregate marks in 12th
25% of Programme Fee
60% or above aggregate marks in 12th
10% of Programme Fee
Fee After Scholarship
Applicable Fee after Scholarship
75% or above aggregate marks in 12th
(i.e. 25% of Programme Fee)
60% aggregate marks in 12th
(i.e. 10% of Programme Fee)
Pathway After B.Sc.(Hons.) Astrophysics and Space Technology
- Stellar Astronomers
- Optical Astronomers
- Radio Astronomers
- Solar Astronomers
- Atmospheric Scientists
- Data Analyst
- Research Scientist
- BLUE ORIGIN
- TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES
About Faculty of Basic & Applied Sciences
The Faculty of Basic and Applied Sciences offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programmes. The majority of the faculty members have earned a PhD and are well-known for their scholarly contributions in national and international scientific journals. Each department has a distinct and distinguished place in academia and has quickly established a reputation among top universities.
Why Basic & Applied Sciences?
Basic and Applied Sciences is a difficult path. After completing this course, the average starting salary is very high. Students can earn between IRN 2,00,000 and IRN 12,00,000 per year. Students who complete this course will work as teachers in a variety of coaching centres.
Applied Science as Career
The Bachelor of Science in Applied Sciences is a three-year full-time programme. The following are the specifics of this course:
- The focus of the B.Sc Applied Sciences course is on the relevance of science in modern society for the advancement of specific industries.
- This course places a greater focus on putting all of the scientific procedures and laws into practice.
- Students who complete a B.Sc. in Applied Sciences will work in a variety of pharmaceutical and commercial industries.
- This course assists students in gaining a sound foundation in science for practical applications.
- Students with a B.Sc. in Applied Sciences degree are well-prepared for management positions in businesses.
Collaboration with Professional Scientific Associations
- International Center of Theoretical Physics (ICTP)
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- International Society for Infectious Diseases (ISID).
- European Society of Toxicology in vitro (ESTIV).
- Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA).
- Soft Materials Research Society (SMRS).
- Material Research Society of India (MRSI).
- Indian Association of Physics Teachers (IAPT)
- International Society for Life Sciences (ISLS).
- Indian Society for the Study of Reproduction & Fertility (ISSRF)
- Indo Global Health Care Research Foundation (IGHCRF)
- Classrooms that are smart
- Science and Technology Innovation Center
- Material testing facility
- Physics, forensic science, chemistry, zoology, and botany are all covered in this lab.
- ANIMAL Experimentation Software for MATLAB
- Wi-Fi and other teaching aids are needed to promote successful pedagogy.
HIGHLIGHTS (Achievements, Awards, Special Events or Activities)
- 80 percent placement- one student is an IAS, a bank PO, a lecturer in a government college, and has passed the NET and GATE exams.
- Faculty with the highest h-index and citations at VGU
- The most prestigious SCI journals
- Several grants were obtained from various funding organisations.
- 2019 International Conference on Environmental and Sustainable Development Trends
- INSPIRE Science Camps will be held in March and November of 2019.
- 2019 Crime Scene Investigation Workshop
- Insect Detection and Preservation Techniques Workshop 2019
- In 2019, the National Conference on Nanomaterials in Biology will be held.
- 2020 Science E-Talk Series