M.Sc. Chemistry at Mody University Lakshmangarh, Laboratories, Fees and Eligibility Details
Published by : stepincollege
M.Sc. Chemistry at Mody University, Lakshmangarh
The Masters in Chemistry will broaden and deepen students' expertise in all branches of chemistry, preparing them to work as trained chemists who can perform research. Project management, teamwork, advanced data analysis, problem-solving, writing and delivering oral and poster presentations, critical review of scientific literature, and advanced laboratory and computational skills are among the transferable skills that students can learn. The Chemical and pharmaceutical industries provide career opportunities. Most research-related positions include a Ph.D., which this program is excellent preparation for. The course is designed to provide students with in-depth knowledge of Chemistry and to assist them in mastering the subject. Students who pursue a career in business, study, or teaching will benefit from the MSc Chemistry program's comprehensive insights into different aspects of chemistry. The course goes over a number of basic topics in depth. Organic, inorganic, and physical chemistry, analytical biochemical chemistry, electrochemistry, medicinal chemistry, photochemistry, environmental chemistry, and organometallic chemistry are some of the topics studied at the master's stage. The course also includes a research-based thesis and assignments to help students expand their knowledge. It also includes laboratory exercises, which are essential for understanding chemistry concepts. Both theoretical and realistic principles are balanced to assist students in gaining practical knowledge and skills that will help them succeed in their careers.
Duration of M.Sc. Chemistry
- Program duration 2 Years.
Eligibility Criteria for M.Sc. Chemistry
- Students must have a Bachelor's Degree from a recognized university with Chemistry as a subject for three years/six semesters OR a BSc Applied Chemistry, BSc Biochemistry, or BSc Industrial Chemistry with a minimum of 50% and sufficient English proficiency.
Biotechnology Lab: In addition to standard teaching-related devices, the BIOTECH Lab houses a Thermal Cycler, Trans-Illuminator, UV - Visible Spectrophotometers, Nano Spectrophotometer, Phase Contrast Microscope with Image Projection System, High-Speed Refrigerated Centrifuge, and BOD Incubators, as well as other sophisticated government-sponsored equipment.
Molecular Biology Lab: This lab's mission is to advance Proteomics and Genomics research, as well as experimental education in Biotechnology and Microbiology courses. The lab's mainstays are organic, physical, and inorganic chemistry science. Ultrasound for determining the 3D structure of proteins and other macromolecules, DNA sequencing, and DNA-protein interaction, as well as FT-IR, UV-VIS, Zeta Potential Measurement Unit, Scientific Microwave Synthesizer, Computer Controlled Rheometer, Computer Interfaced Metallurgical Microscope, Centrifuges, Microprocessor Controlled pH meter, and Conductivity Meter Gradient PCR, Elisa Reader, Fermenter, Plant Growth Chamber, and Defreez, are all found in this Lab.
Microbiology Lab: Students learn how to perform experiments using the ElectroPorter, Auto-Analyzer, Bacterial Counting System, BOD, COD, Electrophoresis System, Blotter System, Lyophilizer, and other equipment in this lab.
General & Advanced Chemistry Lab: The Chemistry lab has all of the Measurement Units, Dielectric Constant Measurement Units, Ball Mills, and Vacuum Ovens. The department has a stand-alone wet research laboratory for water treatment, organic synthesis, and material processing, in addition to its own instrument room.
General & Advanced Physics Lab: Mechanics, Properties of Matter, Heat, Sound, Electricity and Magnetism, Optics, and Modern Physics are all covered in the Physics Department's laboratories. The Zeeman Effect, the Frank-Hertz Experiments, the GM counter, Millikan's Oil Drop, and other major tools are used.
Forensic Lab: The Forensic Science Laboratory is a cutting-edge facility that can conduct specialized forensic investigations. Fingerprint and Serology Testing Kits, Spectrometers, Spectral Comparators, DNA Analyzers and Sequencers, and other high-end instruments are available. By visiting a remote forensic facility like this, students can learn about the intricacies of cybersecurity. All students receive hands-on instruction on industry-grade equipment when following government guidelines, and all activities are designed to keep up with forensic science trends.
Psychology Lab: For assessing personality skills, there are a number of structured tests as well as other mental health and behavioral evaluation approaches. A lab is an excellent place for students to begin their training as licensed psychologists.
Computer Lab: SOS has 45 Dell workstations connected via LAN in its computer lab. We provide students with 24 Mbps internet access so they can learn online using MIT open courseware and NPTEL.
The Language Lab: The Language Lab has some of the most advanced multimedia language resources. 'Hi-Class-Learn-To-Speak' is a self-study curriculum supervised by an instructor console that focuses on skills such as vocabulary building, pronunciation, and grammar. It consists of 35 student consoles, each of which is supervised by a teacher console.
Fees for M.Sc. Chemistry
- Tuition Fees(Rs.) 65000
- Admissions Processing Fee -One Time (Non-Refundable) 20000
- Caution Money -One Time (Refundable) 10000
- Personal Charges (Accountable) (Day Scholar and Boarder) at the time of Admission 10000
- Career Development Fee 14500
- Total Fees for Day Scholar (INR) 119500
- Per Annum 1st Installment 71700
- At the time of Admission 2nd Installment- Till 15th Nov. 2021- Rs.47800
Placement and Career for M.Sc. Chemistry
1. Research: The first choice is to work in the field of analysis. ISRO, DRDO, BARC, NTPC, Indian Railway, Vedanta, Indian Oil, HPCL, Asian Paints, Cadila, Ranbaxy, and others are among them.
- Teaching in Universities and Colleges- Students who choose this choice will work as lecturers in universities and colleges.
- Teaching in Schools- With a degree in education, students may work as post-graduate teachers.
- Coaching/Tuition center-Due to the fact that chemistry is a popular subject for XII science students of Biology and Mathematics, many aspirants of Pre-engineering and Pre-medical courses enroll in coaching and tuition centers, and this sector is often in need of good faculty with attractive packages.
3. Private sector: In the private sector, students can find good employment in a variety of industries, including the pharmaceutical industry, which employs R&D chemists at companies including Zydus-Cadila, Sun Pharma, Dr. Reddy's, Intas, Lupin, and others. Other industries that employ chemists include the leather industry, paper, and textile industry, jute industry, dyeing, toy manufacturing, and cosmetic production.
Collaboration with People from Other Countries
The Mody University of Science and Technology strives to provide the best platform for their students' creativity to be showcased. This is what has enabled Mody University to establish cordial relations with universities around the world. The collaboration between the institutions allows students to study abroad and participate in excellent exchange programs.
Mody University has partnered with world-class international universities such as, in order to achieve academic excellence.
- Carleton University, Canada
- The University of Rosario,
- University of Missouri, USA
- ISCID, France, etc.
Mody University School of Liberal Arts & Sciences Scholarships
Criteria for a full-ride scholarship include the following:
- A state or national education board selects students.
Scholarship Requirements for a 30% Waiver:
- The most recent qualifying exam (best five subjects) must have a minimum score of 90% (as decided by the program's eligibility requirements).
- On the MUSAT, you will be given a ranking (up to 100 points) (Please note that this is only applicable to undergraduate programs.)
Scholarship requirements for a 20% waiver:
- A score of at least 80% on the most recent qualifying exam (best five subjects) is needed (As determined by the eligibility requirements of the program).
- The MUSAT has a range of scores ranging from 101 to 200. (Please note that this is only applicable to undergraduate programs.)
Scholarship requirements for a 15% waiver:
- A minimum of 70% on the most recent qualifying exam (best five subjects) is required (as determined by program eligibility)
- The MUSAT has a score range of 201 to 400 points. (Please keep in mind that this applies only to undergraduate programs.)