M.Sc. Forensic Science at Mody University Lakshmangarh, Eligibility Criteria, Fees
Published by : stepincollege
M.Sc. Forensic Science at Mody University, Lakshmangarh
The course is based on guidelines provided by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India, and takes into account the most recent industrial requirements. The course will address all specialized aspects of different sciences' applications of forensic science, such as DNA profiling, Forensic Ballistics, Forensic Medicine, and Forensic Anthropology, among others. The following four specializations are available in the course Forensic Biotechnology and DNA profiling, Forensic Chemistry and Toxicology, Questioned Document Examination, Digital Forensics. Both graduate students and forensic professionals will benefit from the M.Sc. in Forensic Science. The aim of the course is to instill in students both theoretical and practical knowledge of key aspects of forensic science. The basics of forensic biology and chemistry, which underpin much of the laboratory science associated with forensic investigations, are first taught to enrolled students. Following that, the recovery and analysis of various forms of evidence recovered at crime scenes, as well as the evaluation and presentation of that evidence in legal contexts, was examined in depth. Students have access to a variety of modern equipment, including state-of-the-art labs and facilities. Students must complete a research project after completing the course in order to acquire research skills in a variety of projects, both within the university and through external placements.
Duration of M.Sc. Forensic Science
- Program duration 2 Years.
Eligibility Criteria for M.Sc. Forensic Science
- Students must have a bachelor's degree in forensic science, physics, chemistry, mathematics, botany, zoology, microbiology, biotechnology, biochemistry, engineering, or pharmacy with a minimum of 50% marks and sufficient English proficiency.
Biotechnology Lab: The BIOTECH Lab is home to a Thermal Cycler, Trans-Illuminator, UV - Visible Spectrophotometers, Nano Spectrophotometer, Phase Contrast Microscope with Image Projection System, High-Speed Refrigerated Centrifuge, and BOD Incubators, among other sophisticated government-sponsored equipment.
Molecular Biology Lab: The aim of this lab is to further Proteomics and Genomics research as well as experimental education in Biotechnology and Microbiology courses. Organic, physical, and inorganic chemistry are the lab's mainstays. Ultrasound for determining the 3D structure of proteins and other macromolecules, DNA sequencing, and DNA-protein interaction, as well as FT-IR, UV-VIS, Zeta Potential Measurement Unit, Scientific Microwave Synthesizer, Computer Controlled Rheometer, Computer Interfaced Metallurgical Microscope, Centrifuges, Microprocessor Controlled pH meter, and Conductivity Meter Gradient PCR, Elisa Reader, Fermentas Reader, and Fermentas Reader Gradient
Microbiology Lab: Students in this lab learn how to perform experiments using the ElectroPorter, Auto-Analyzer, Bacterial Counting System, BOD, COD, Electrophoresis System, Blotter System, Lyophilizer, and other instruments.
General & Advanced Chemistry Lab: All of the Measurement Units, Dielectric Constant Measurement Units, Ball Mills, and Vacuum Ovens are located in the Chemistry lab. In addition to its own instrument space, the department has its own stand-alone wet research laboratory for water treatment, organic synthesis, and material processing.
General & Advanced Physics Lab: The Physics Department's laboratories cover Mechanics, Properties of Matter, Heat, Sound, Electricity and Magnetism, Optics, and Modern Physics. Other major tools include the Zeeman Effect, the Frank-Hertz Experiments, the GM counter, Millikan's Oil Drop, and others.
Forensic Lab: The Forensic Science Laboratory is a state-of-the-art facility capable of conducting complex forensic investigations. Spectrometers, Spectral Comparators, DNA Analyzers and Sequencers, and other high-end instruments are available. Students can learn about the intricacies of cybersecurity by visiting a remote forensic facility like this. When following government guidelines, all students undergo hands-on training on industry-grade tools, and all activities are planned to keep up with forensic science trends.
Psychology Lab: There are a variety of standardized assessments as well as other mental health and behavioral assessment methods for evaluating personality skills. Students may begin their training as licensed psychologists in a laboratory setting.
Computer Lab: In its computer lab, SOS has 45 Dell workstations connected via LAN. We provide 24 Mbps internet connectivity to students so that they can learn online using MIT open courseware and NPTEL.
The Language Lab: Some of the most sophisticated multimedia language tools are available in the Language Lab. 'Hi-Class-Learn-To-Speak' is a self-study program that focuses on skills such as vocabulary building, pronunciation, and grammar and is supervised by a teacher console. It is made up of 35 student consoles, each supervised by a teacher console.
Fees for M.Sc. Forensic Science
- Tuition Fees(Rs.) 65000
- Admissions Processing Fee -One Time (Non-Refundable) 20000
- Caution Money -One Time (Refundable) 10000
- Personal Charges (Accountable) (Day Scholar and Boarder) at the time of Admission 10000
- Career Development Fee 14500
- Total Fees for Day Scholar (INR) 119500
- Per Annum 1st Installment 71700
- At the time of Admission 2nd Installment- Till 15th Nov. 2021- Rs.47800
Placement and Career for M.Sc. Forensic Science
1. Research: The first choice is to work in the field of analysis. ISRO, BARC, NTPC, Indian Railway, Vedanta, Indian Oil, HPCL, Asian Paints, Cadila, Ranbaxy, among other companies are among them.
- Teaching in Universities and Colleges- Students who pursue this path will serve as lecturers in colleges and universities.
- Teaching in Schools- Students with an education degree will serve as post-graduate teachers.
- Coaching/Tuition center- Many aspirants of Pre-engineering and Pre-medical courses enroll in coaching and tuition centers because chemistry is a common topic for XII science students of Biology and Mathematics, and this sector is frequently in need of good faculty with attractive packages.
3. Private sector: Students can find good employment in the private sector in a variety of fields, including the pharmaceutical industry, where companies such as Zydus-Cadila, Sun Pharma, Dr. Reddy's, Intas, Lupin, and others employ R&D chemists. Chemists are employed in the leather, paper, and textile sectors, as well as the jute industry, dyeing, toy manufacturing, and cosmetic production.
Collaboration with People from Other Countries
Mody University of Science and Technology aspires to provide the best platform for students to showcase their creativity. Mody University has been able to develop cordial relationships with universities all over the world as a result of this. Students will be able to study abroad and engage in excellent exchange programs as a result of the cooperation between the universities. Mody University has partnered with world-class international universities such as to achieve academic excellence.
- Carleton University, Canada
- The University of Rosario,
- University of Missouri, USA
- ISCID, France, etc.
Mody University School of Liberal Arts & Sciences Scholarships
Criteria for a full-ride scholarship include the following:
- A state or national education commission selects students.
Scholarship Requirements for a 30% Waiver:
- The most recent qualifying exam (best five subjects) must have a minimum score of 90% (as decided by the program's eligibility requirements).
- You will be given a score on the MUSAT (up to 100 points) (Please note that this is only applicable to undergraduate programs.)
Scholarship requirements for a 20% waiver:
- It is necessary to score at least 80% on the most recent qualifying exam (best five subjects) (As determined by the eligibility requirements of the program).
- The MUSAT has a selection of scores from 101 to 200. (Please note that this is only applicable to undergraduate programs.)
Scholarship requirements for a 15% waiver:
- A score of at least 70% on the most recent qualifying exam (best five subjects) is needed (as determined by program eligibility)
- The MUSAT has a selection of scores from 201 to 400. (Please keep in mind that this applies only to undergraduate programs.)