Ph.D. at Mody University Lakshmangarh, Course work and Scope
Published by : stepincollege
Ph.D. at Mody University, Lakshmangarh
Master's degree holders with a minimum of 55 percent marks or a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 55 on a 10-point scale in the respective areas of Management, Commerce, and Economics are eligible for the Ph.D. program at the School of Business, Mody University of Science and Technology. Ph.D. applicants are classified as follows: Part-time and full-time positions are available.
Ph.D. programs are available in three areas Management (Marketing/HR/Finance), Commerce, Economics. The curriculum is structured to provide candidates with in-depth exposure and hands-on R&D experience in the respective areas.
Duration of Ph.D.
- According to the UGC notification dated May 5, 2016, a Ph.D. program must last a minimum of three years, including course work, and a maximum of six years.
- The Research Entrance Test [RET] will be used to determine admission. Only those who pass the RET will be allowed to participate in the Viva-voce.
- The Entrance Test will be qualifying, with a minimum score of 50%. The Entrance Test syllabus includes 50 percent study methodology and 50 percent subject-specific material.
- Candidates must address their research interests/areas during the Viva-voce. Candidates who have completed the NET/SLET/MPhil [Full time from a recognized university] are excluded from taking the Research Entrance Test [RET]. They must, however, participate in a Viva-voce.
Structure of Research Entrance Test [RET]
The entrance exam lasts one hour (60 minutes) and consists of 60 objective-style questions worth 60 points.
Course work and Scope
The Ph.D. coursework is credited with a minimum of 08 credits and a maximum of 16 credits. Research Methodology has been given a minimum of four credits. For the remaining credits, the Students' Study Committee (SRC) recommends the course(s) based on the candidate's research interests.
Scope of the Program
When the thesis is submitted, the candidate will have approximately four research publications in a prestigious journal to his or her credit. That allows the candidate to work in reputed PSUs, private companies, MNCs, and R&D industries, as well as teach in Central Universities, NITs, IITs, Deemed Universities, and Private Universities in India and abroad.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. What are the eligibility criteria for admission in Ph.D. Program?
Master's degree in Management/Commerce/Economics or equivalent, with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 5.5 on a 10-point scale or equivalent, as calculated by the University.
Q. When can I apply to a Ph.D. program?
The Ph.D. application forms are approved twice a year, in October and December for the January session.
Between April and June, for the July Session
Q. How to Apply for the Ph.D. program of School of Business – MUST?
Option 1: To make online submission of Application form, please visit http://www.modyuniversity.ac.in
Link - http://mody.servergi.com:8088/olamody/Student/Welcome
Option 2: The Application Form can also be obtained in person from the admission office of the University.
Q. What is the admission procedure?
The Research Entrance Test [RET] will be used to determine admission. Only those who pass the RET will be allowed to participate in the Viva-voce. Candidates must address their research interests/areas during the Viva-voce. The minimum passing score for RET is 50%.
Candidates who have completed the NET/SLET/MPhil [Full time from a recognised university] are excluded from taking the Research Entrance Test [RET]. They must, however, participate in a Viva-voce.
Q. In the RET, what subject will I be tested in and what is the difficulty level?
The entrance exam will last one hour (60 minutes) and will consist of 60 objective-style questions worth 60 points. The entrance exam will be divided into two parts: Section I (Research Aptitude Test): Section I is the same for all applicants. Section II is region-specific, i.e., according to the applicant's proposed Ph.D. area [Management, Economics, and Commerce].
Q. Could you please share the criteria of selection for the Ph.D. program?
For admission to a Ph.D. program at SMS –MUST, the following factors are taken into account.
- Study Entrance Test score - Interview performance - Proposed research concept - its validity and genius - Academic record
Q.To apply for a Ph.D. program, is it mandatory that I need to submit all the mark sheets of my master’s program, till the final semester?
Yes, you must have all of your PG mark sheets. Only after submitting the relevant documentation, including the last semester's mark sheet, will an applicant be enrolled and given a RET date. Awaiting results will not be taken into account for the RET.
Q. Who all are expected to submit a NOC?
If you're an employee, you'll need to bring a letter of authorization from your boss when you enter.
Q. Can I get exemption from the entrance test on the basis of rich teaching /corporate work experience?
No, you must complete the entire selection procedure.
Q. How are research topics/ preliminary research ideas decided?
The candidate comes up with the research subject. Following the pick, it could be tweaked with the aid of the appointed Guide and Co-Guide. It is eventually accepted by the University's Competent Authority.
Q. Does the University provide a Hostel facility to a Ph.D. scholar?
Full-time female research scholars can be offered a hostel if space is available.
Q. May I know the process of assigning the supervisor?
The Dean and President of the University will appoint a Research Supervisor(s) to each enrolled student based on the student's preferences and the consent of the faculty member, subject to Board of Studies approval (BOS). A formality will be completed and processed for this reason within the first semester of the student's enrollment.
Q. Could you please share other relevant information about the Ph.D. program?
The applicant must meet the minimum eligibility requirements outlined in the updated UGC Guidelines (UGC Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of MPhil/Ph.D. Degrees) Regulations, 2016, which were released on May 5, 2016. During the first one or two semesters of the Ph.D. program, all applicants must complete the coursework recommended by the Student's Research Committee (SRC). Candidates must have a valid email address since all admission-related details will be sent by email only. Candidates should review their email or contact the research section on a regular basis. Those who are chosen must pay the fees right away.
Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D.
- Master's degree in Management/Commerce/Economics or equivalent, with a minimum of 55 percent or a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 5.5 on a 10-point scale or equivalent, as calculated by the University.
- In addition, women applicants will be given Maternity Leave/Child Care Leave for up to 240 days during their Ph.D. program.
Computer Lab: SOS has 45 Dell workstations connected via LAN in its computer lab. We provide students with 24 Mbps internet access so they can learn online using MIT open courseware and NPTEL.
The Language Lab: The Language Lab has some of the most advanced multimedia language resources available. 'Hi-Class-Learn-To-Speak' is a self-study curriculum supervised by an instructor console that focuses on skills such as vocabulary building, pronunciation, and grammar. It consists of 35 student consoles, each of which is overseen by an instructor console.
Fees for Ph.D.
- Tuition Fees(Rs.) 100000
- Admissions Processing Fee -One Time (Non-Refundable) 20000
- Caution Money -One Time (Refundable) 10000
- Personal Charges (Accountable) (Day Scholar and Boarder) at the time of Admission 10000
- Career Development Fee 0
- Total Fees for Day Scholar (INR) 140000
- Per Annum 1st Installment 84000
- At the time of Admission 2nd Installment- Till 15th Nov. 2021- Rs.56000
Placement and Career for Ph.D.
1. Research: Working in the field of analysis is the first choice. Among them are ISRO, BARC, NTPC, Indian Railway, Vedanta, Indian Oil, HPCL, Asian Paints, Cadila, Ranbaxy, and others.
- Teaching in Universities and Colleges- Students who choose this choice will work as lecturers in universities and colleges.
- Teaching in Schools- With a degree in education, students may work as post-graduate teachers.
- Coaching/Tuition center-Due to the fact that chemistry is a popular subject for XII science students of Biology and Mathematics, many aspirants of Pre-engineering and Pre-medical courses enroll in coaching and tuition centers, and this sector is often in need of good faculty with attractive packages.
3. Private sector: Students will find good jobs in the private sector in a number of sectors, including the pharmaceutical industry, where R&D chemists are employed by companies including Zydus-Cadila, Sun Pharma, Dr. Reddy's, Intas, Lupin, and others. The leather, paper, and textile industries, as well as the jute industry, dyeing, toy manufacturing, and cosmetic processing, all employ chemists.
Collaboration with People from Other Countries
Mody University of Science and Technology aspires to provide the best platform for students to showcase their creativity. Mody University has been able to develop cordial relationships with universities all over the world as a result of this. Students will be able to study abroad and engage in excellent exchange programs as a result of the cooperation between the universities. Mody University has partnered with world-class international universities such as to achieve academic excellence.
- Carleton University, Canada
- The University of Rosario,
- University of Missouri, USA
- ISCID, France, etc.
Mody University School of Liberal Arts & Sciences Scholarships
Criteria for a full-ride scholarship include the following:
- Students are chosen by a state or national education commission.
Scholarship Requirements for a 30% Waiver:
- The most recent qualifying exam (best five subjects) must have a minimum score of 90% (as decided by the program's eligibility requirements).
- You will be given a score on the MUSAT (up to 100 points) (Please note that this is only applicable to undergraduate programs.)
Scholarship requirements for a 20% waiver:
- A minimum of 80% on the most recent qualifying exam (best five subjects) is required (As determined by the eligibility requirements of the program).
- The MUSAT has a score range of 101 to 200 points. (Please keep in mind that this applies only to undergraduate programs.)
Scholarship requirements for a 15% waiver:
- A score of at least 70% on the most recent qualifying exam (best five subjects) is needed (as determined by program eligibility)
- The MUSAT has a selection of scores from 201 to 400. (Please keep in mind that this applies only to undergraduate programs.)