2020-07-01 to 2020-12-16
ICFAI Business Studies Aptitude Test
IBSAT is a Management Aptitude Test which is conducted by ICFAI Foundation, Hyderabad for Higher Educational Qualification. IBSAT entrance exam conducted to offer admission to MBA or PGPM programs. IBSAT is a university-level examination that offers admission to the various ICFAI business schools all over the country. The IBSAT is a two-hour computer-based exam of multiple-choice questions. In the first week of July, the IBSAT 2021 notification is expected to be issued. The IBSAT is a computer-based test that takes place in December over a two-day period. Last year, the exam was proctored online or administered as an Internet-based Test (IBT). To prevent public gatherings, this action was taken in response to the coronavirus pandemic. IBSAT is scheduled to be conducted in IBT mode again this year. The IBSAT entrance exam is held by the ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education for those seeking admission to MBA/PhD programmes at IBS Hyderabad, the ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education, MBA at IBS Dehradun, the ICFAI University, Dehradun, and IBS Jaipur, the ICFAI University, Jaipur, and PGPM (Post Graduate Program in Management) at IBS Ahmedabad, IBS Bengaluru, IBS Gurgaon, IBSAT The primary goal of the IBSAT is to assess applicants' skill in data analysis, quantitative techniques, vocabulary, data adequacy, reading comprehension, and logical thinking, all of which are required for MBA and PhD programmes at all nine IBS campuses.
The organising body, ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education, is a Deemed to be University under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956. The IBSAT paper is a computer-based test of 140 multiple-choice questions. The IBSAT entrance exam is two hours long and lasts 120 minutes. Candidates can obtain IBSAT application forms in the form of an IBSAT newsletter, which can be purchased online for INR 1800/-.
Entrance Exam Highlights
||ICFAI Business Studies Aptitude Test
||ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education, Hyderabad
||University Level Exam
||Once a year
|Mode of Registration
||"60 Question Each in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
|Number of Seats
|No. of Participating Colleges
Important Dates: IBSAT 2021
|IBSAT Application Form
||July 1 - December 16, 2020
|IBSAT Exam Dates
||December 26 & December 27, 2020
|IBSAT Result 2020
||1st Week of January 2021
|IBSAT Selection Briefings
||January 09 to January 17 2021
|IBSAT Interview and Group Discussion
|MBA/ PGPM Program
||During February/March 2021
IBSAT 2021: Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should fulfil all the eligibility criteria of IBSAT 2021 before applying for the exam.
Management Program eligibility criteria:
- There is no such age limit to apply for IBSAT 2021
- Graduation in any discipline with 50% and above marks only in English Medium
- All the candidates must have completed a minimum of 15 years of education with a 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 course
- If candidates do not meet the eligibility criteria of English medium in graduation have to submit the TOEFL / NELT / IELTS score.
- Applicants who are in the final year of their bachelor degree can also apply if they will complete their graduation requirements before November 2020
- If candidates have NMAT/ GMAT/ CAT Score, they can participate in IBSAT 2020 Selection Procedure.
- There is no management or NRI quota for admissions to IBS Business School.
PhD. Program in Management eligibility criteria:
- There is no such age limit to apply for IBSAT
- Graduation in any discipline with 50% and above marks in English Medium and full-time Post- Graduation in Management with a specialization in Human Resource Management / Operations / Marketing/ Finance from a UGC recognized University with 55% and above marks.
- Or Post Graduation in Commerce, Economics, Sociology, Public Administration, Psychology, Statistics, Mathematics, or in an allied discipline with 55 percent and above marks from a UGC accredited university.
- As a condition for participating in the PhD program or professional certification such as CFA / CA / CWA / CS with 55% aggregate marks or above, applicants who are offered admission are expected to take MBA courses in the first year.
Full-Time PhD. Program in Economics Eligibility Criteria
- There is no minimum age or age limit to apply for IBSAT
- Graduation with 50 percent and above marks & post-graduation with 55 percent and above marks in economics or related discipline.
- Candidates should have completed a minimum of 17 years of regular studies with a 10+2+3+2 or 10+2+4+2 basis.
- If any candidates do not meet the eligibility criteria of English medium in graduation or post-graduation, they have to submit the TOEFL / NELT / IELTS score.
IBSAT Application Form Process:
- Candidates should check the official website i.e. ibsindia.org and click on the “apply to IBS” button.
- Registration must be done to get an application number and password.
- All the documents must be uploaded along with the details filled in.
- The application fee for IBSAT is 1800/-.
- Candidates can pay the fee through a Debit Card/ Credit Card or Net Banking.
- After successful payment, the candidates will receive an email with the application number and password that can be used to log in.
- Applicants should log in to complete the IBSAT application form online using their credentials.
- If Candidates are interested to the application form offline, here’s how they can apply for IBSAT offline.
- Candidates can also buy IBSAT Application Form
- Candidates are expected to pay an application fee of Rs.1800 in any of the IBS Marketing Branches to get the IB SAT application form.
- Along with the form, candidates will get a scratch card containing the application number and password.
- Candidates should visit the IB SAT official website and fill in the application number to create a new password
- At last, check all the information details, an application form can be submitted.
IBSAT 2021: Admit Card
- IBSAT Admit Card 2021 will be issued by the exam authority only on the official website.
- All the applicants need to go to the official website and log in with a registration id and password to download their admit card.
- IBSAT Admit Card 2021 will be issued in the month of December.
- The admit card consists of all the details of the candidate, examination time and date and centre address, category, photograph, etc. Candidates need to bring admit card at the time of examination for entry into the examination centre.
IBSAT 2021: Exam Pattern
|Mode of Exam
|Number of Questions
|Type of Questions
||+1 for the correct answer
Some important points to know before IBSAT 2021
- IBSAT 2021 exam consists of 120 questions in total that are to be answered by the candidates in a time lime of 2 hours.
- All the questions are chosen from the subject areas such as Reading Comprehension, Verbal Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, or Data Adequacy/Sufficiency and Data Interpretation (DA/DI).
- IBSAT Verbal ability section consists of easy questions while the Vocabulary questions will be slight of higher level. And the grammar portion will be comparatively easier.
- The exam paper includes 4 passages with different questions. The comprehension will be containing around 500-600 words. Some questions will be direct and upfront while the others will be inferential and would take time to analyze.
- IBSAT Quantitative Ability section consists of a variety of questions from the topics such as geometry, arithmetic, and analytical geometry. The framed questions will also include distance and time, speed, ratio proportion, heights, progressions, probability, word problems, percentages, etc.
- IBSAT Data Interpretation section problems will be focused majorly on logical thinking and data accuracy. The IBSAT Paper also includes questions on line graphs, pi graphs, ratio between two values, percentage change, etc.
|Data Adequacy/ Sufficiency and Data Interpretation
IBSAT 2021: Admission Process
For IBSAT 2021, there are few selection rounds that will take place in January. Candidates who cross the cut-off will be sent a call letter for the selection process.
Stage 1: Registration
- Candidates have to register for IBSAT for Selection Process.
- To register, go to the official website once you get selected.
- Register yourself through a link provided on the official website during that time.
Stage 2: Selection program session
- The selection briefings/ sessions are conducted to provide the candidate with an insight into programs and all the processes at IBS.
- These provide a review about all the programs to shortlisted candidates offered at the IBS Business Schools.
- Selection Briefings are organized at 40 locations.
Stage 3: Group discussion round
- All the selected candidates are invited for group discussion at IBS Hyderabad.
- During the group discussion, candidates should keep some factors in mind like Leadership, Optimistic outlook, and Negotiation Skills to fetch good marks.
- All the candidates are divided into a group.
- Candidates are given topics or case studies for a group discussion for 15-20 minutes.
Stage 4- Personal Interview
- After the completion of the GD Round participants are called for the Personal Interview round.
- In this, the candidate’s communication skills, confidence level, attitude, and aptitude are checked.
- The final list of merits is defined on the basis of IBSAT 2021 (or MAT/CAT/GMAT/NMAT) + GD + PI + Academic Qualifications marks.
IBSAT: Exam Test Centers
IBSAT 2021 Answer Key
Candidates who took the entrance exam will be given access to the IBSAT 2021 answer key. After the exam has been completed, the answer key for IBSAT 2020 will be made available. ICFAI business school administers the IBSAT for entry to its management programmes. The conducting body is in charge of distributing the answer key. Candidates who took the exam should go to the IBSAT's official website to download the answer key. Some private coaching institutes may also release the IBSAT 2021 answer key. Candidates can get an idea of their likely score/marks by using the IBSAT 2021 answer key before the official result is published.
Steps to Get the IBSAT 2021 Answer Key
Candidates will download the IBSAT 2021 answer key by following the steps outlined below.
- Step 1: Go to www.ibsindia.org, which is the official website.
- Step 2: Select the “IBSAT 2021 Answer Key” connection from the drop-down menu.
- Step 3: To continue, enter your login credentials, which include your registration number and date of birth.
- Step 4: On the phone, the IBSAT 2020 response key will be displayed set by set.
- Step 5: Candidates can verify their correct and incorrect responses by consulting the answer key.
- Step 6: Candidates should also download and print a copy of the answer key that corresponds to the question paper for future reference.
Results of IBSAT
The aim of the IBSAT is to assess candidates' ability in English Vocabulary, Qualitative Ability, Written and Verbal Skills, and Logical Reasoning. Candidates will be shortlisted for the IBSAT Selection Procedure, which involves a Group Discussion (GD) and a Personal Interview, based on their IBSAT results (PI). The final IBSAT result, which includes the candidates' GD/PI round ratings, will be released in March 2021. The final result is calculated after factors such as the candidate's academic record, job experience, and so on are taken into account.
Steps to Get Your IBSAT Results
- You'll be taken to a page with blank text boxes for the IBSAT 2020 Result.
- Your Application Number and Password will be required on this page.
- To log in, enter the necessary credentials.
- The IBSAT 2020 result will appear on the screen after a successful login.
- For future reference, you can download and print a copy of the IBSAT 2020 score.
Steps to Check the IBSAT Cutoff
- Visit the IBS ICFAI Business School's official website.
- Go to the official website's 'Home' tab.
- Look for the IBSAT 2020 Cutoff in the admission portion of the home page's taskbar.
- Candidates will be taken to a new page where they will be asked to enter their login information.
- Log in using the credentials that have been given.
- The cutoff list will appear on a new tab.
- Print out the sheet after downloading it. Don't forget to save the soft copy for future use.